Martin Clan
We are a group of cousins (firsts, seconds, thirds, fourths...) who at our great-grandmothers funeral decided to stay in touch despite the hurdles of distance and lifes business! Through the example of our Great Grandparents, Grandparents and Parents we have learned the importance of family. So may the lines and (typed) keys of communication remain busy! I love you guys!!!





5 Comments:
Whoofta- I should not have attempted to post pictures after only getting 4 hours of sleep last night. I forgot to write any comments!!! I'm too tired now to try to correct the error. Please feel free to write in the details- anyone who was there!! Particularly about my dad sitting on the concrete next to the picnic table!!
Sorry~ Rebeka
ok so seeing as to how I forgot my password Ill see if I can actually post something!!! The sad thing is-Im not even blonde! So lets see yes the 4th was so fun!!! The picture of my dad and uncle feasting on the ground was the funniest thing in the world!! Due to the unstable picnic tables and unbalanced weight when Uncle Jim stood up to get some food and my Uncle Bruce and Aunt Corrie sat down the whole table flew back in slow motion sending all three of them to the ground and covered in food! Needless to say that it created a laughing crowd!
We noticed that James and Josh have a strong family resemblance in volleyball - powerful hitters totally out of control!
Oldies were victorious over the young bucks. Old age and treachery triumphs youth and skill yet again! Aunt Char
Yes it was absolutely a RIOT seeing uncle Roberto and Bruce and Corrie on the ground. It was the funniest thing cause, all of the sudden I see the table slowly going down, my mom at that point puts her hand out to try to stop the table from continuing its downward motion, but alas the table did tip over, hence emptying itself of all of the people who were using it. I'll never forget seeing Uncle Bob's, Bruce's and Corrie's legs all sticking up in the air as they kind-of rolled off the bench. After they all fell off and the table was once again positioned right there was silence, none of the rest of us were sure if we should laugh or not, however in about twenty seconds the laughter inside couldn't be held back and we had a very good laugh. I think the best part of it was Uncle Roberto eating food from the ground(definitely a hoot and a holler), I mean how comical is that, and so fast that his hand is a blur in the picture. It just goes to show that our family is SO devoted to food that we will even eat it off the ground. Then there was the volley ball game. I thought that Rebeks would join us younger folks, but no she and Sar both joined the old codgers. I must say that on a number of occasions Rebeks has called me a babe in swaddling clothes, but still she isn't that much older than us young, spry, spring chickens. How sad though that the old hens beat the spring chickens.
~James
So I'm so curious, Rebeka, as to who is in the picture by your comment. I do not recognize these people as Martins or as anyone I know. Please inform me. Thanks, Aunt Char
Post a Comment
<< Home