Saturday, July 15, 2006

My sell for B.L.


You blink and you miss it and for most that’s a bummer,
I’m speaking of the three months of the year we call summer.
But before it’s all over there’s an event you should see,
At a camp with old cabins having beds stained with pee.
The kitchen we cook in is a home for some mice,
And the showers we bathe in are not very nice.
It’ll probably be hot while the AC is warm,
And the mosquitoes will usually attack in a swarm.
The lake is all green with a bottom that’s mucky,
And if the waterslide works, consider it lucky.
The things that we’ll sit on are not very great,
If you don’t have a cushion “bench butt” is your fate.
The bed you will sleep on is a crudely built bunk,
And the water at camp… well, it smells like a skunk.
Now I know these conditions do sound rather bleak,
Especially for those who stay for the week.
But don’t let that stop you. Please don’t be “that one”,
Who, because of the accommodations, misses out on the fun.
We’ll all get together to laugh and to sing,
And eat lots of GREAT food when we hear the bell ring.
After breakfast we’ll hear some good Biblical teaching,
And late in the evening some old fashioned preaching.
For some there’ll be softball and volleyball games played,
And for others they’ll chit-chat on a bench in the shade.
Trips to the Wall-Mart send some hearts a flutter,
While others hit the links with a driver and putter.
You ask yourself; why should I go to this place?
To spend time with our family richly blessed by God’s grace.
So here are some words to the bank you should take,
Join the “Martin Clan" for a memorable week at Bass Lake.

By, Uncle Jeff

76 Comments:

At July 15, 2006 2:48 PM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

WONDERFUL POEM! Applause and cheers from the Jim Martin's Philadelphia nest! Yes, we will be there and we can't wait! We're baking those cookies and putting them in the freezer, and the berries are being cooked into jam. We're practicing spelling 3- and 4-letter words for good old speed scrabble, and we're dusting off the Rook cards. Remember all those new classes that are being humbly offered by Jeff and Laura!

 
At July 16, 2006 10:52 AM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

I will gladly bake some extra cookies AND hold them on my lap all the way there if our two college kids fill up the rest of the van! And I need a hair cut!

 
At July 16, 2006 10:54 AM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Has anyone else noticed how cuddly nice and kind we are all being?

 
At July 16, 2006 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who waits for a bell to eat? Maybe we wait in the evening for the bell to herald that it's dinner time, but the rest of the day, I as well as many others make a myriad of trips to the kitchen to snag some cookies and/or bars. Bravo on the Poem though. I have to say that it is all true. Oh by the way Laura, we need to discuss the coffee situation, so we can be prepared this year. I don't know if I am willing to suffer through a week of "camp coffee"

 
At July 16, 2006 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

UNKIE JEFF YOUR POETRY SO SUBLIME, I WISH TOO THAT I COULD RHYME. BUT ALAS MY TALENT WITH WORDS IS NOT MY CALL. BUT MY FATE LIES IN MEMORIES OF SUMMERS PAST WHEN AT BASS LAKE I DID FAST. NOT PARTAKING MUCH OF FOOD SO DIVINE. UNLIKE OTHERS WAY OUT OF LINE. GOING BACK FOR SECONDS AND FOR THIRDS, AND IN BETWEEN PILAGING THE ICE BOX AND THE CUBBARDS. AH MEMORIES OF BASS LAKES PAST FLOOD IN AND AGAIN I MUST GO TO THAT HALLOWED PLACE TO MEET THOSE MARTIN BLOGGARDS.

 
At July 16, 2006 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The excitment of Bass Lake is overwhelming, I may not being able to contain myself till than!
I am making a vow to attend as many breakfast's as I can. Unlike the days when I was young and woke up at the first burst of light from the sun, I have hit the lazy stage in life and sack in till the first burst of light from the moon. AND I have fully learned my lesson(thanks to Uncle Jim) to have taken care of my hair and face BEFORE taking part in breakfast...as pictures are taken and published on the blog for all to remember!

 
At July 16, 2006 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that may have been the most moving poem i have ever read in my life. the way you composed it caused my eyes to weep. tis true family camp isnt the ritz carlton of camps however whens the last time you had fun at a ritz carlton? the only ones that miss out are the ones that dont show up!!

 
At July 17, 2006 7:36 AM, Blogger laura40mar said...

James i agree!!!!
I will bring Starbucks
Breakfast Blend Beans and my grinder, can you help with good water??? Last year was truly an act of "suffering" when all we had
for coffee was Folgers in a can!
Can't wait to see everyone! I am so excited to hear that the entire Nelson family will be at camp. How about Mel and Rick?

 
At July 17, 2006 8:13 AM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

YES, Mell and Rick are planning to arrive by Tuesday noon, along with Rick's parents, Chief and Dawn. The motoring duos will need lots of prayer for the long trip.

 
At July 17, 2006 9:06 AM, Blogger laura40mar said...

will they be on motorcycles?

 
At July 18, 2006 6:16 AM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Let's hear from aunt b - has the poetic effort inspired you to brave the "elements" for the sake of the family fellowship?

Yes, they will be on motorcycles, Laura. Yikes. Thanks for praying.

 
At July 18, 2006 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uncle Jeff...all this talk of BL has inspired me to try to attend this year. I've changed my week in August from a cabin trip to a BL trip. I haven't been part of BL in about 10 years.

 
At July 18, 2006 9:45 AM, Blogger laura40mar said...

YEAH SARA!!!!!!

 
At July 18, 2006 9:52 AM, Blogger Aunt B said...

Oh Aunt Char! Aunt B is quite a weakling in her old age. I am pleased to let all of the Martin Clan know: drumroll please......that the kids and I can come on WEDNESDAY!!!! Elise has a course she's taking on Monday and Tuesday night of that week that we can't switch, otherwise since Starbucks coffee is on the menu, and all of that good cookin' I'm SURE I'd be there the entire time!!! ;-) I know that the bats have been waiting for my arrival. :-) All of that to say that Uncle Jeff's poem is really what was the decision maker! It was heart-stirring. What classes should I sign up for that Jeff and Laura are teaching?! I'd better start my bakin' now! WOOHOO!

 
At July 18, 2006 9:58 AM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Yay for aunt b!! Is anyone else in the Drury clan persuaded? Yes, get those ovens heating, can't wait to taste those cookies. Also can't wait to see the kidlets!

 
At July 18, 2006 9:59 AM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Laura - give us a review of all those classes we talked about - humility, sweetness (as opposed to bittersweetness, which I may not be able to give up as my husband really PREFERS the bittersweetness), etc.

 
At July 18, 2006 6:47 PM, Blogger laura40mar said...

BASS LAKE ACADEMY
COURSE OFFERINGS

1. Sweetness 101
2. Humility 101
3. Newlyweds 101
4. "The glass is half full-the power of seeing the positive in life"
5. Turning a negative into a positive
6. How not to be gross in 5 easy lessons
7. Why you should not gross out your family
8. How to get along...co taught by Uncle Jeff and Aunt Char.
9. How not to throw bricks 101
10. Turn your Bitter into Sweet.
11. How to be a GQ Model:
The Workshop of Miracles Featuring:
*The art of a smile
*The model Strut
*The Ryan Charm

 
At July 18, 2006 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go on the poem Uncle Jeff! It brought back some of the most treasured memories of Bass Lake.

I might add that Aunt Laura's classes on the do seem to sound a bit interesting. Maybe Aunt Char could also have a class on "How to comment after every comment (including your own comments)on the family blog." ;-)

You can count the Michigan Jerry Martin Clanners in on the BL count for this year. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!!

Jeff E

 
At July 18, 2006 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Uncle Jeff, I think you sould take your talent to the big time. I mean think of it... there probably isn't another Minnesota rapper out there. Think of the possibilities! And don't worry I'll only take 60% of the profits as your manager and dj, Jiggy Jer. Let me know. I'm sure we can work something out even if it means I have to take 65%. See ya real soon. Jer

 
At July 19, 2006 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Undercover-brother...

JEFF...I heard all about your new gig. You bad!!

Julie told me all about your earing and shaved head. Do you wear press on tattoos too??!!

 
At July 19, 2006 8:12 AM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Ah, Jeff E, I comment the way I do just for you! You can imagine how pleased I am that you've noticed!

 
At July 19, 2006 8:12 AM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

I wouldn't dream of disappointing you.

 
At July 19, 2006 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Aunt B" -

You must post a picture up of your children so that I will recognize you all as you arrive at the wonderful BL. It has been too long since I've seen your family. I know it will be quite easy for me to mistake one good lookin' martin for another.

 
At July 19, 2006 8:29 PM, Blogger Aunt B said...

Sars----I would love to post a picture of the kids, but I'm not too great with that stuff. Maybe all of the Martin Bloggers can have a class called 'posting blog pix for dummies'. I'd sign up for sure!!!!! Can't wait to see you, there!

 
At July 19, 2006 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Char! I knew I could count on you!!

Sars! Yeppers, thugs and drugs are keeping me busy these days. Sad to say business is booming.

Uncle Jeff- I have to admit that Jeremy-- I mean, um, ah "Jiggy Jer" may be on to something there. I mean, you could mix some of your freestyle poems with a thumping beat and the next thing you know, you could be touring with the likes of the great "Squeezy Lemons" (which I hear are all the rave in suburbia MN these days!!)Just a thought!!

See you all soon!

 
At July 20, 2006 6:38 AM, Blogger laura40mar said...

Auntie B~ can you talk any more of the "Shirls" into coming to camp?
Work your charms on your family or make them blog-on and read Uncle Jeffs poem... maybe that will convict!!! hahaha!

 
At July 20, 2006 6:44 AM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Hi again, Joe! We'll miss you at BL, but hope to see you at the cabin, which does not have mail service. Email jr.ckm@juno.com and I'll give you the Roeben address in Silver Bay.

 
At July 20, 2006 7:26 AM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Actually, Joe, R will be in Plymouth with her grandparents before Bass Lake or the cabin. Do you have that address?

Another two-in-a-row for Jeff E!

 
At July 20, 2006 7:29 AM, Blogger Aunt B said...

La La---I have already spoken quite highly of my cousin's poetic talent, I get no credit if anyone shows up, only Uncle Jeff! I know my folks are opting for a HOTEL ROOM, can you even believe it?! The rumors that will begin....Who knows about the rest of my clan. I will try and convince/convict them. If Starbucks coffee is available, maybe that would do the trick! :-)
I've made my first batch of "Chickadee Cottage Molasses Cookies!" :-) Now, if they'll just stay in the freezer where they belong, and not the Bixby Bellies! :-)

 
At July 20, 2006 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At July 20, 2006 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At July 20, 2006 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to that Ryan. We do have the worlds BEST family!!!

You know what they say..."families that eat together stay together".

Therefore...

Since us Martins are all about our food, we'll be together for a LONG time!!

 
At July 20, 2006 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...I've blogged on and on and on I see. Sorry about that. My internet at work needs to be debugged. Crazy things are going on!

 
At July 20, 2006 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just deleted all those redundant posts.

I was thinking that IF (and I am aware that this is a really big IF) BL has an internet connection, I can offer Blog Training, since I will have my laptop. This way all the Martins can become master bloggers.

 
At July 20, 2006 9:36 AM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Ryan - you have your dad's talent for poetry, and your mom's good looks!

 
At July 21, 2006 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hory Cow, I neva know Martin Cran have such tarented famiry memba carred "Uncre Jeff". Confucius not even hord candre to dis genius' writing skirrs. I rearry brown away! I not brogging ratery
because my "r" not brog. I miss my "r". I wonder it be ok wiff Martin Cran that "Arren" be at dis Bass Rake I read about in poem? I want so badry to see my "r". I wirr herp cook, or crean pee beds, or be rife guard at smerry rake front, or anyfing I can to be herpfurr if you ret be at camp. I wirr even sing soro. Soro you not hear me! ROR! Prease oh prease consider retting me join you, I wirr arways be gratefurr to "The Cran" for arrowing me the privirege of attending. One mo fing before "Arren" reave brog, wirr Uncre Jeff prease send autograph copy of poem fo me to hang on warr?
By fo now, I brog again rater!

 
At July 21, 2006 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is this nut case "arren"???

 
At July 21, 2006 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nut case, who you carring nut case!
Onry nut case on brog are peopre who hide behind "anonymous said..." and not face up to rear identity. Peopre shourd no ronger be cowardry broggers. If you got something to brog, do so wiff pride and own what you say by using yo name! Sorry Martin Cran fo brogging in anger. I hope Martin Cran wirr not hord it against me when they vote fo "Arren" comming to Bass Rake or not. Bye fo now!

 
At July 23, 2006 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! It's Liza here. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about Rebeka's flight info. She asked me to pick her up but she hasn't given me any info and I know their e-mail is kindof messed up. Also, she told me she was coming in the 26th and Tracy called me said Rebeka told her the 25th. Anyway, if you know anything that would be great. See you soon!!

 
At July 24, 2006 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the info. It helps for sure. You are probably right about her calling when she gets to the states. I'm just not too sure where I am going at the Lindberg terminal and not having any flight info doesn't help but Tracy will probably be with me so...all is good. :o)Bye for now!

 
At July 25, 2006 5:53 AM, Blogger Aunt B said...

:-) Yes, I do believe Mr. Arren should come to camp, but don't forget and bring those nice glasses you have, so you don't run into the flagpole! Maybe you can make us an 'all yo can eat buffet, $2.99!'-- 'Fo fwee' would be nice for us Martin's, though, and you'd get more than my vote! :-) Maybe R could talk you into it?! We see you soon!

 
At July 25, 2006 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bress you "aunt b" fo being first Martin Cran brogger who vote to have "Arren" at Bass Rake Famiry Camp. The votes not seemingry frowing in. It not rook good fo me. It arso not possibre fo "Arren" to prepare "free arr-u-can-eat buffet" fo $2.99 at Bass Rake because I no cook, I crean! Beside, not enough egg-rorr, and egg-foo-young in Brue Earth to firr up arr the Martin Crans hungry berries. This simpre rure say it arr; "runs wirr come from "Arrens" wok". So sorry aunt b, you bum out of ruck, even my "r's" begging and preading wirr not be abre to get me in the kitchen.

 
At July 25, 2006 9:11 AM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Who else but Uncle Jeff would come up with that simple rule! Whoever you are, Arren, you must come to BL so that we can meet you. And after all, if you could clean up BL, wouldn't that be wonderful?

 
At July 26, 2006 6:24 AM, Blogger Aunt B said...

Arren......how are you with 'ring around the corrar?'

 
At July 26, 2006 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honorabre father simpry faburous at getting out ring around the correr. He been creaning crothes fo many year now. I wirr arso be good at it someday when he teach me "ancient chinese secret". Untir then I wirr continue to use erbow grease and stiff bristre brush.

 
At July 26, 2006 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I make sirry sperring error in rast brog what I wirr correct before "aunt char" wirr get a chance to. Fo sure we arr know that you sperr "corrar" wiff "a" not "e" rike I did. I so sorry fo confusion.

 
At July 27, 2006 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! How much fun am I having reading thru all of the blogs I've missed out on this summer! I was slightly bummed at the more congenial comments... perhaps my absence had something to do with that;-)

Well, I'm finally back on US soil! My flight got in around 8:00pm MN time. My wonderful friend, Liza, came to pick me up along with Tracy and Candi (the two girls I started my Summer out with) It was awesome to see them... and just to watch how God is working in Candi's life! (But PLEASE remember to pray for her).

I am EXSTATIC about family camp!!! I actually can't remember how long it's been since I've been there... but it's been a few!! I as well would be only too happy to teach some classes (as I way more qualified than some others I know (caugh~caugh UJ and Ryan caugh~caugh) but I think we definately need to teach a class on blogging! The more Martin's the merrier (or perhaps-- more hostile)!:-)

Looking forward to seeing all of you and of course I can't wait to share all of what God taught me in Africa! It was seriously a life-changing trip! So get prepared for pictures and all:-)!

Oh and Allen... I'm pretty much in-love with "Joe-from-Michigan" so... I'm hoping you'll keep your distance at Family Camp... or perhaps trap a new victum! Good luck!

 
At July 28, 2006 6:57 AM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Welcome back, R! We can't wait to hear every detail of your trip! Any jet lag since you've been back to the USA?

"Arren," thank you for correcting your own spelling error! But if R is not an option, please do not think of Maria. We haven't forgotten the stolen sweater incident.

 
At July 28, 2006 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Major jet-lag! Last night I went to bed at 11:30 and woke up at 2:00AM and haven't been able to sleep since! Hopefully I'll get into a normal sleep pattern soon!

I should be well rested by the time Bass Lake rolls around! I have to be top-notch to compete with those Jerry's!!;-)

 
At July 28, 2006 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courd one of the "nice" Martin Cran broggers prease be so kind to purr the knife out of my back? That's right,it wirr be the one "r" just stab me wiff. I never, in all my rife, feer rower than I do right now. Ret me make sure I getting crear message. You madry in rove wiff "internet Joe" and you dropping me rike hot wok? Is that what you say? I wourd have riked it better if you say; "Hi "Arren", your "r" is back and I missed you". Oh werr, I wirr find someone better. I just REARRY bummed because now nobody wirr want me at Bass Rake. I was rearry rooking forward to being a Martin Cranner fo a few days. I guess I wirr not be now. Oh, and one mo thing fo "jet-ragged r". Any girr that gets to go on date wiff "Arren" considered very rucky girr, not "trapped victim" as you say and missperred by the way. (victim not victum) DUH!

 
At July 29, 2006 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What in tarnashun is goin' on here? A tornado dun blown my trailer over a couple counties so I hadda finna new Wal-mart thad was selling computers to chek m'e-mail an this is wad I find? My durly beloverd Rebukky has been--- hang on now.... 4 timin on me? An wuns ben witha wunna them ther Mexican drycleenen folk? I tell yoo what, I'm madder then a fat kid inna dodgeball game.

I meen rememmer all th'good times? Like th'time we dun had th'Walker Texas Ranger marathon at my house and ol' blue got inta the can of refried bean and had the mexican farts all day?

The thod of that still brings a teer to my i. Yur jus a heart breaker Rebukky.

Heart-brokun in Texas,

Billy Bob

 
At July 29, 2006 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! Okay family... you should know by now that Joe does occasionally check this site... thanks for spreading malicious lies
about me dating all those weirdo's! Joe's the only one for me! Sorry Billy Bob, Allen and Josh's friend!

 
At July 29, 2006 5:48 PM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Rebukky - what a heartbreaker you HAVE BEEN! Glad that's over!

 
At July 30, 2006 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am lovin all the BL fever happenin. Bring on the cookies and the coffee, and games, I'm up for a game of speed uno. I am hopin that the water slide works this year. we may have to the hand splash the water onto the slide. Aunt B? are you gonna be there for the whole week or just a couple days

 
At July 30, 2006 1:40 PM, Blogger Aunt B said...

James, that is a very hard question to answer......hmmm.....there is a possibility that I could go down for the day, and then buzz back home each night to get our first-born to her baby sitting classes on Monday and Tuesday night.....but I'm not too sure yet. I need to go up to Park Rapids to think about it, re-read uncle Jeff's poem again and again....(and listen to the forecast......it's like an oven/sauna right now here in MN!)FOR SURE we'll be there on Wednesday.

 
At July 30, 2006 2:13 PM, Blogger laura40mar said...

Dear Aunt B
I AM SOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!
If I knew that Starbucks coffee would of lured you to Bass Lake- I would of dangled that carrot years ago! lol
really looking forward to seeing you and the kids and Dan(?)...
And I am looking forward to seeing all members of this amazing and a little crazy family!

 
At July 31, 2006 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Uncle Jeff, you definitely win the award for the most commented blog entry of all time! Congrats! Actually, I should probably give some credit to aunt char for your success because without her, you probably only have about 21-22 comments. ;-) Just kidding!

I was looking forward to seeing everyone at BL this year and had plans to take time off of work when I found out that work won't let me have that week off. I was bummed out because it's pretty much the only week out of the whole year that I can't take time off for. It appears that we are having a special sting that week which really "sting-ks!" Hopefully things will work out better for next year if Bass Lake is still open.

"Saddened In Da Soo" (or more accurately- "Bummed out in Brimley")

Jeff

 
At July 31, 2006 11:35 AM, Blogger laura40mar said...

Jeffrey, we are equally bummed out!
We will miss you!!! ...and the pictionary tournament just won't be the same w/o you! Work certainly gets in the way of life doesn't it!!!
Love Ya!
Aunt Laura

 
At July 31, 2006 12:50 PM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Remember that without ME (as documented by Jeff E), the number would be much less! That notch definitely needs to be shared with the Jims.

Jeff E - how we will miss you!

 
At August 01, 2006 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see if we can break an even 100 posts on this one. I bet if we all put in our guesses as to what ham sam for your jack john means we'd hit it!!

 
At August 01, 2006 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One could also wonder what a weezage is? Perhaps another class at BL to decipher the Jerryism verbage?

 
At August 01, 2006 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to take a stab and guess that weezage is what you experience when you exude too much energy and shouldn't be becuase you are so out of shape.
There may be a lot of weezage if us Martin's decide to play some volleyball, softball, dodgeball, etc...
Or...perhaps, some of us may weezage just walking up to the kitchen for more food. That's probably a good sign that you've taken one too many trips!

 
At August 01, 2006 12:44 PM, Blogger laura40mar said...

I will be comment #93 on this posting as my contibution to the goal of 100...being the "sweet" one,(and the teacher of "Sweetness 101") I am always happy to help wherever, however and whenever I can.

 
At August 01, 2006 12:50 PM, Blogger laura40mar said...

Don't bother Char...I am doing my own correction to the word
contRibution...
94 down, only 6 more to goal!

 
At August 01, 2006 5:51 PM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Wow - Jeff and Laura! Following my example by posting two comments consecutively! I'm so flattered to be so imitated!

 
At August 01, 2006 5:51 PM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Loving all your definitions!

 
At August 01, 2006 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great poem, great blog, great conversational read, great character insight?, and I am adding to the countdown. Have a great time at BL making even greater memories.

 
At August 01, 2006 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I think of how many classes are being offered at BL this year, How can there possibly be enough hours in the day to cover them all. The choices are just mind boggling. Also with so many Martins teaching these classes, who will be the attendees?

 
At August 01, 2006 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant wait for bass lake! It will be a blast! I feel honored to be commet #100! so here is my contribution to the goal that has been set. now the goal is met!

-Holly

 
At August 02, 2006 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! We hit the mark!! APPLAUSE for all!!

 
At August 02, 2006 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I take one day sabatical (and yes I am very much aware that I totally botched the spelling of that word but find myself way too lazy to do anything about it) and I totally missed out on a new-blog-record!! OVER 100 COMMENTS!! Jeff... I actually have to give you props on this one...

5 days and counting down... let the fun and gorging begin!

~~ And Jeff-E... you're sack of (you know what;-)... we'll miss you!

 
At August 03, 2006 3:53 PM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Just imagine the wonderful variety of jams and jellies at BL! And which definition fits the context of that sentence??

 
At August 03, 2006 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! Yum! good ol' freezer jam and BL toast, not to mention rice & raisen porridge. What makes breakfast taste even better is that the guys are doing the cookin'!

 
At August 04, 2006 10:34 AM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Warning - James has made his HOT gingersnaps again. Prepare for the burn!

I hope we don't forget them in the freezer. And I hope we have room for them. Maria's shoes alone could fill the van. Apparently she needs every single pair for college.

Sorry to miss the Hut again! Eat a few pies for us! And we will be ready for that Monday night dinner!

 
At August 06, 2006 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what a great day it is weatherwise too. Looking forward to all the fun and fellowshipping and classes.

 
At August 06, 2006 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will there be an excersize class with all the grazing that goes on????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home