Paint Day for the Nelson's
I can't begin to explain the fun we had today painting the apartments.
First there was a little competition between the sexes:
The Boys: (Josh and Bruce)

The Girls: (Alisha, Cory, and Grandma)...The girls won

The Supervisor: (giving orders, making sure no one spilled an ounce of paint, being perfect-it's all part of the job)

The excitement really started when Bruce decided, "Forget the walls lets move to the floors!" (of course that didn't go over well with the Supervisor and poor Grandma was left cleaning up the mess)


At one point everyone was crammed in one room, Bruce was picking on Grandma, and there were some good laughs...It was a fun filled activity!
10 Comments:
Man, looks like I missed out on a lot of fun!! Was it ever a doubt that the ladies would win... don't we always (caugh-caugh...pictionary)! Poor Grams- left to pick up Uncle Bruce's mess (not surprising:-)!
Praying you get it all finished before you take off for MN!! Love you!
Just thought you should know that while you were all hard at work painting yesterday, we (that includes Reb) were all over at Mark & Karen's place, stuffin' our faces!
Are you feeling a little woozey from the paint fumes yet?
"R"...I'm sure you meant
cough-cough...Still suffering from a little jet-lag are we?
The pictures look like a blast - and I can just see it all happening. Too typical as well! Bob the supervisor, Bruce the spiller, Grams the cleaner-upper, girls winning - ah yes, life continues!
The fumes were really bad, since we couldn't open the windows becuase the air was on?? I'm not sure I beleive that...it was 85 degrees in the apartment! As you can see in the pictures...there was extensive sweat dripping from each armpit. I'm sure we all lost a little weight that day...which is nice since we are staring BL in the eye. Bring on the cookies!!
Too bad we don't live closer to you. Grant would have come in there and done the painting for you in no time. I'm sure he could have helped with some of the other jobs too. Maybe next time this happens, we could make a little visit out east.
So much work! Wow - you need a vacation. I'm sorry we weren't helping, too. Life is too busy on the east coast in the heat.
speaking of heat!!! Today was a Whopper! I give credit to my Big bro working out there in the heat (and not passing out from heat stroke.) Meanwhile im over here not daring to go upstairs because of the intense heat, it's just too much for my frail little body.
Oh, it is absolutely unbearable. Don't take your frail little body anywhere out of AC range, Bits. I can't believe I haven't melted yet.
I was just looking at weather.com for Winnebago, Mn. and looks like highs are low 80s and lows are in low to mid 60s.
Post a Comment
<< Home