Martin Clan
We are a group of cousins (firsts, seconds, thirds, fourths...) who at our great-grandmothers funeral decided to stay in touch despite the hurdles of distance and lifes business! Through the example of our Great Grandparents, Grandparents and Parents we have learned the importance of family. So may the lines and (typed) keys of communication remain busy! I love you guys!!!

33 Comments:
As much as it pains me to say this...I have to give it to you guys...those shirts were a BRILLIANT idea!!!
Oh wait...I was supposed to change my name so I would no longer be mistaken as SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome)!!
I hesitate to throw this out to you all, but since we are such a creative family...how about some suggestions. What should my new name be??
how about "Sara in the city"
And how about SNL for Sara Nelson, Live?
LAURA...how about City-Girl Sara so people don't associate me with the show...Sex in the City!
I like it!
WAIT...who said SNL? All my "peeps" in Philly call me that!!
This is also a good one!
Hello Martin Clan! This is Joel of the Ham Clan, by way of the Drury Clan. I recently heard about this blog and figured I had to come check it out. It's good to see the family embracing technology to keep in touch.
I loved the poem from Jeff about Bass Lake, or, as I have always called it, Family Camp. Brings back many memories, most of them fond. Family, Fellowship, Food & Fun. It has been over ten years now since I have attended the annual event, but I still remember, as a young boy, singing I’m In The Lord’s Army and something about Granny In The Cellar…Lordy Can’t You Smell Her…?
Growing up in Illinois, my brothers and I always knew that we were guaranteed at least two trips to Minnesota each year. Drury Family Christmas followed by Martin Family Christmas at Parkers Lake and Family Camp at Bass Lake. It’s hard to describe how much I anticipated those trips and the joy I experienced when my family I had been waiting to see surrounded me.
How gracious our Savior is to give us a family so loving.
Well, I’ve gone on long enough. Again, it’s great to read about and see so many pictures of all of you. Lord willing, I’ll see you again soon.
Love,
Joel Ham
Welcome aboard Joel! We love any new-comer from the family who braves the blog! I'm sure Aunt B will be happy to have some more support from the Shirl' clan!!!
Bass Lake...where it lacks in ambience, it makes up in the fond memories of fun, family, and of course food.
Oh and by the way, great picture of the Jerrys! Sara I think snl is totally you!
I still like "Sara in the city"
no reference to "that" tv show...
It'a just who you are, but...SNL is shorter!
SO GLAD TO HAVE YOU ABOARD AUNT MYRT, WE ARE ALL MOST PROUD OF YOU!
AND YES, I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THE "TREE KIDS" VERY CUTE INDEED!
WHO ARE THEY? OH YA...
THEY'RE "THE JERRYS"!!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ok, so the shirts were real cute. Next year we should all get shirts. I am still up for wearing a "The Ralph's" Shirt. It works on so many levels.
Who is wyo3?
Well, I thought it would be obvious who I was,
Anwyay, I have to agree with Jeff, it was a great BL. We are even talking about making the trip again next year. I hope you all can make it. I was really encouraged by the fellowship.
For all of those who saw the waterslide show, mike is recovering and should regain all of the feeling in his leg soon (kidding)
I just figured out how to post pictures so I will have to put some on there when the time is right. Have a good one everyone.
The "JERRY'S KIDS"...Things make so much sense to me now to know you are all Jerry's Kids. You know, some fireman in our area were just doing a fundraiser for Jerry's Kids and it made me think about the "special" group shown here in this picture. Maybe next year we can have a fundraiser for them in conjunction with the Blog Awards!
LOL! Nicely done Rick!
Welcome new-comers! The blog is always entertaining... between the sweet Jims and caustic Jerrys one never knows what may happen. And now with the Drurys and the Ralphs-things could really get interesting!
I must say despite all his spite and bite on the blog... I'm thrilled to know Uncle Jeff's all bark!
and I don't know who is to blame for "Allen's" appearance up at the cabin... but when I find out... someone's going down!
Hey Reb! that should be the Shirl's not the Drurys!!
My guess is wyo3 stands for wyoming but what does 3 stand for?....Maybe the 3rd son of the Paul Martin family??
Scary Reb, that Allen managed to find his way to the cabin. Was Joe a little jealous by the competition??????
I was thinking maybe you'd get a ring from either Joe or Allen up at the cabin but I'm guessing no since I haven't heard a thing about it! Hee! Hee!
Poor Allen must have been so desperate for "r" that he would stoop to hiding in someones "cabin going car" and intrude on the "Jims".
I do hope you were civil to him "r", Remember...
We are to "love our enemies" and "be ye kind...
I mean, he does have feelings too.
(I don't think I saw you in my "sweetness 101" class)
We will definately go for a fundraiser on behalf of the "Jerrry's Kids" lets see... newlyweds, college tuitions, braces, clothes, music lessons, etc...etc... Thanks!!!!!
Ok! now who is kiddie cop 007?
so many hidden identities on this Blog all the sudden...
Anywho, to reply to Laura's comment concearning dear little Allen and whether or not he survived Beast's (and what an appropriate nickname I might add, who was the mastermind behind that one???) attack once she realized he was there: Allen recieved a tear to the head, thankfully others were there to rescue him from her deadly grip. Though if you ask me I think she was just trying to make him cuter with a little part in the hair, hmmm???? Are there feelings for Allen she could be hiding?
Thanks Elizabeth for the honest account of what really happened at the cabin! I think you may be on to something there w/"r" and Allen.
It seems that she worked very hard at trying to be outraged at Allens
appearance at BL...a little too hard if you ask me!
Figured that kiddie cop 007 must be Parker -- if so, welcome aboard! If not -- fess up.
We have been away from the blog for a while seeing we are still on vacation and only now are getting caught up. We have been having a blast reading our way through.
Wow -- it is exciting to hear from so many extended family members around the country. Keep it up and post pictures too -- AuntMyrt, Wyo3, Big Joel, Kiddie cop 007, and any others I may have missed.
Can't remember my "Uncle Jim" log-in info, so decided to go "anonymous."
Okay... nope/notta chance for poor little Allen! You'll see my non-existent crush for Allen next summer when I pledge my life and love to someone very UNLIKE our pesky little Allen! And if he even shows up in wedding pictures... someone's seriously going down!
And Peedster you better lay low for awhile... you know what happens when you get r/beast all riled up!!
First of all I just want to thank "The Academy" for their recognition of my unequalled blogging abilities, which include but are not limited to; humbleness, sincerity, wit, charm, honesty, humbleness, love, care, side-splitting hilarity, humbleness... and bestowing upon me the HONORABLE position of "MVB" of which I am most deserving of. I also want to thank, and am indebted to, all of you who have made it sooooo easy to put my "MVB"-ish skills to good use, and paving my way to the top, by "saying stupid things (the "Jerry's" stink) on the blog", "posting ridiculous pic's(showering w/dog) on the blog" and or "being an "r" or "Jim's" on the blog". It has been a "congratulatorilly cultivated", "fabulously
WELL-fertalized", walk through the garden! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Jeff...this is why you won the MVB (Most Valuable Blogger) award!!
a rumor as of now but most likely to come true any moment
I'm here! I'm here! Nope... there's no ring on my finger yet- just lots of talk! But most likely it will be next summer!:-) AND sorry to disappoint you all but i'd be marrying JOE not!!! Allen!
How typical of a Jerry to get all "in~your~face" about his victory! And I don't think all those characteristics were listed for the MVB award... but nice try!
Hey Mr. MVP! I'd have to agree, Humbleness is by far your best quality...especially since you only mentioned it several times!!!
WOW! You can tell everyone was sad to be without the blog for the week at BL! Maybe someday they will have wireless at beautiful Lake Bass. :-)
'The Jerry's' shirts were VERY spiffy. Who knows what 'The Jim's' will do next year! I do believe 'The Shirley's' will just try and keep our noses clean! ;-) It's hard of course---then there's MVB's humility to try and compete with.
'Big Joel' thanks for helping out 'The Shirley's' stats!
Hey Aunt B, nice to hear from you again! Thanks for making the trip to camp, it was great to see you and your kids!!!! Next year maybe you'll be brave enough to actually stay with us there!!! Remember... you used to stay there when you were young and you did LIVE THROUGH IT!!!! It was also great to see Wendy, Eric, Olivia and Ava!
We want to see the rest of the "Shirls" too!!!! and the long lost "ralphs" that haven't shown their faces for many years...we miss you guys! Start planning now to make B.L. a priority for next summer!
Way to go Miss Volleyblog!!!
Way to keep our spirits high about the luxurious BL.
Post a Comment
<< Home