Martin Clan
We are a group of cousins (firsts, seconds, thirds, fourths...) who at our great-grandmothers funeral decided to stay in touch despite the hurdles of distance and lifes business! Through the example of our Great Grandparents, Grandparents and Parents we have learned the importance of family. So may the lines and (typed) keys of communication remain busy! I love you guys!!!


13 Comments:
So, I caught up to this bear as he was walking through the parking lot at Applebees. He walked right up to the front doors. I was on my police motorcycle following the bear. I could see some people at the front entrance and they started to open the front door. I used my PA to advise them to keep the door closed. They were pretty surprised to see the bear walk right past the door they were about to walk through. The bear walked right down the sidewalk in front of the restaurant. Some people were taking pictures from inside and others just continued to eat...totally oblivious to the fact that there was a black bear just on the other side of the wall. I continued following the bear so I could push it out of the parking lot. The bear did leave the parking lot and ended up in this tree. It was pretty fun!
It was pretty fun chasing the bear around on my motorcycle. Until I lost him in some tall grass and couldn't see him. The bear then appeared from the grass and he was only about 20 yards away. He came walking right toward me until I started my motorcycle up and it spooked him so he took off away from me.
This is the time of year that we have bears come into town. The bears have entered hyperphagia so they often come into town looking for food. Hyperphagia is when the bears are in a state of constant feeding as they prepare for their winter hibernation. It is a great time to look for bears in the wild because they are moving around a lot. It is also a little dangerous because they are HUNGRY!!!
I thought of something else...
Melanie and I saw a great shirt in a shop at Glacier National Park. It had a picture of a bear chasing a human and it said. "Bears love people...they taste like chicken."
I thought it was pretty funny.
That's awesome, Rick! And, I love how you always teach us a little something in your posts. I hadn't heard of hyperphagia before.
I'm jealous!!! I have yet to see a bear! What a fun story;-)
I too like the little lessons taught by Rick! The things I learn on the blog!!!
thanks for the post Ranger Rick! I never knew I had such famous relatives! Good to hear you kept the town safe!
Now, beware, because this is the time of year that humans subconciously also enter hyperphagia in preparation for winter. Only, in our case, instead of hibernating, we have Thanksgiving and Christmas. So... no need for hyperphagia! :o)
Aunt Char says:
Some day the blog will recognize my account I'm sure.
With what we Martins have been known to eat at TG and Christmas, we would be well prepared to hibernate!
Melanie, I hope your grandmas are not very nervous about those bears.
All in a days work huh Rick! Thanks for posting. Love seeing and hearing all about life in your neck of the woods, especially cuz it so interesting.
I too enjoyed the story and the lesson on "hungry bears"! Chasing bears on motorcycles...I don't think you could of scripted that one.
I laughed out loud when I read the T-shirt saying. Holly wanted to know what was so funny...
mom, if you just choose "other" as your identity, you can type in your name underneath where it will say, "name"
OK, I will try that - thank you for taking pity on your dear old technically-challenged mom.
I'm glad you all enjoyed the story and the information on bears! Sometimes, I would much rather deal with a bear in town then the out of control drunken college students!
Laura I'm glad you thought the T-shirt saying was funny. I was starting to think I was the only one that thought that was funny!
Post a Comment
<< Home