Sunday, August 21, 2005



12 Comments:

At August 21, 2005 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi! this is melanie formerly martin, now musson. PHIL!!!!! oh my goodness! You're so old! Congrats on graduating! What are your plans for the future?

 
At August 22, 2005 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris-- you're the best! I'm so excited that you posted all these pix!! What better to do at my Met-Pro desk on a Monday= than browse on the Martin blog:-)!

Yeah- what's up with you Phil?-- growing up on us so fast:-)!! Off to college huh? Which one?

Well, back to browsing at all these new shots!!!

 
At August 22, 2005 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. --When is Sam finished with the military??

 
At August 24, 2005 6:16 AM, Blogger laura40mar said...

What a great picture of the Sperling family...we missed all of you at Bass Lake this year...it was a small group but not lacking in fun and fellowship...(and food)
Congratulations Phil on your graduation!! (This is Laura Marin
Jeff's wife in case you didn't know who laura40mar was) Take Care all!

 
At August 26, 2005 5:18 PM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

It's just great to see the Sperling additions! Love reading everyone's comments too. OK, we have lots of pictures which James may get around to posting tonight. I'll try to restrain him from posting the WHOLE vacation. The farm was great, Bass Lake was great (missed all those who didn't come though), Montana was beautiful, Melanie and Rick are still on the honeymoon and we love their apt., Lake Superior was wonderful, family was lots of fun, ration of dogs to people at the cabin was 7-11, Jay and Shelle and kids are so sweet and hospitable, and Jim gets the driver of the year award for for 5300 miles behind the wheel (with a little help from James). Good to be home. Aunt Char

 
At August 26, 2005 5:19 PM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

oops - that should have been RATIO of dogs to people was 7 - 11. What a circus. The puppies were adorable.

 
At August 26, 2005 6:29 PM, Blogger Martin said...

Welcome to the blog Laura. Yes I will have to get to posting some of the pictures from the vacation. Maybe mell could post some too. at least she could post one of her SPACIOUS apt. haha! maybe that will spur mell to place a comment or two on the blessed blog. We must remember to pray for the Peedster as she is going to be in the van tomorrow for the trip back. the girl has the new pet in the car, so hopefully the little hyper diaper guy keeps her company.

 
At August 26, 2005 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The food at Bass Lake somehow did not lessen with fewer campers, as Laura said! Oh my - so many cookies! I will add that at the cabin I made a fresh batch of cookies EVERY MORNING, and all were eaten each day, and we can't blame the dogs! AND more was eaten than cookies alone. Of course, we were so busy hiking and swimming and fishing as well.

 
At August 27, 2005 10:33 AM, Blogger Martin said...

I have to say that I went fishing for the first time in who knows how long, while I was on the north shore. I have to give Uncle Grant and Luke major props for putting up with my fishing ineptitude. Last sunday (8/21) I went fishing with Uncle Grant, Luke and Josh up at Hogback lake. I had a blast, Luke, Josh and I went out in belly boats to the middle of the lake. and Uncle Grant Fly fished from shore. Nothing was caught, but I did learn how to bait a hook and cast. I know I learned how to fish a while ago but I had forgotten how completely. The next day Josh, Luke and I went fishing on the Temperance River where I caught a small mouthed Bass(it was realy tiny, so I had to throw it back) and caught my hook on a rock. Woohoo! what fun. I did have a good time, and it was a learning experience for Josh and me, so I didn't go away from it completely empty handed.

 
At August 27, 2005 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well- good to get James and Aunt Char back- makes for good reading! The more comments--the merrier!! Can't wait for the onslaught of photos---bring 'em on!!

Can't wait for the fam to get back home. Although I must say I will miss the PEACE and quiet (chuckle-chuckle)!! I so can't wait for my little Bo-Be!!! AKA... Mr. BoJangles!! I hear he's quite the little cutie!

 
At August 31, 2005 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys, thought id try and answer some of the questions about the pictures. phil is sitting out the first semester to work, and i think he plans on going to rock valley in the spring. im not sure when sam is done with the military. i need to get ahold of him to catch up a little bit. hope everyone is doing well- chris

 
At September 01, 2005 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Chris! I though you had posted and then forgot about us! hahaha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home