An Incredible Week of Fun at Camp Calvary!!!!!!!!!
On Tuesday we had to come to dinner impersonating someone or something.... I was an ant. Little D off to my left was camo-girl and Mitch off to my right was??? We weren't quite sure:-)
DAD--- DON'T WORRY! This is Caleb- a Camp Calvary Staple. He was too old to be a camper this year so he and a couple of his friends came up to councel and be on op-staff! His energy and spirit is contagious! It just wouldn't be camp without him!!!
On Wednesday the girls get all "cuted" up and are escorted by the guy staffers to dinner. We sit guy-girl and the guys (are suppose) to wait on us hand and foot! Some are better than others:-) This picture is of Shannon, myself and Jenna!
And this is a picture of my LITTLE LADIES of CABIN 13!!! They were AWESOME!!! I had so much fun with them. SO many memories! I love these girls- and I love this picture b/c it's like God's shining down on us.... Showing us His Love (and giving us one of our daily hugs)!Pastor Brian (the camp director) called me up the week prior to camp to see if I could be a councelor! I told him I had 3 days of vacation left- so he said to come up after work on Monday and stay till Thursday evening! God knew that I needed to be spiritually encouraged- that week was amazing! The best all year!!! I had the BEST cabin of girls. I had so many opportunities to talk with incredible young woman about what they were struggling with and somehow God used little insignificant me to make a difference! TO GOD BE THE GLORY! Phillipians 3:20 comes to mind, "Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us"!
5 Comments:
Well I hope that you're not too upset that people haven't commented yet. Let's just face it Rebeasta-Queen, your stuff isn't commentable material. JUST KIDDING! I did want to say though that I have a page of pics all ready to post, however the computer I am using to comment, sadly dosen't have enough juice to post pix. Just to tell you all(and to get your curiosity up) The pics are of poor little Westbrook MN. The town of Aunt Char's Alma maderer got pounded with 115 MPH winds. I have a good pic of the place where Aunt char went to school, with a tree that was felled by the wind. The storm was so powerfull, it tipped over freight train cars that were full of grain. The wind also knocked over a Huge grain bin across main street, sadly the Verizon tower of westbrook was high atop that bin, so now I spotty coverage. That is just a scratching of the surface fo the damage that was raught by the terrific storm.
Your stuff is worth the comments and this outsider would love to be young enough to have enjoyed all that you are doing and have done. Keep the pics coming and I promise that this could be my last English grammar correction. Alma Mater!!! and now surf ja-amours will have something to comment. I received two pics of the Westbrook storm and could pass them on but have no idea as to how to do it. Am I showing my age again? So be it.
CR
ok so Im randomly scrolling around the blog looking at old posts and I come to this one! may I just ask one question? Who held a gun to your head and told you to dress up like an ant? You dissappoint me, an ant...(shake head-shake head) Well what can I do about it now...
Okay--- it's called being creative! It's called working with minimal costuming at Camp Calvary- It's called getting into the spirit of things-- And please- you of all people should know I choose the road less traveled by:-)
Who else would've been crazy enough to be an ant!!!
everytime I look back at that picture it cracks me up...an ant!!!!! a measly little ant but not only that you chose an ant that makes me laugh its the way you chose to make yourself look like one and the pose you are doing!
Post a Comment
<< Home