Martin Clan
We are a group of cousins (firsts, seconds, thirds, fourths...) who at our great-grandmothers funeral decided to stay in touch despite the hurdles of distance and lifes business! Through the example of our Great Grandparents, Grandparents and Parents we have learned the importance of family. So may the lines and (typed) keys of communication remain busy! I love you guys!!!




28 Comments:
Jeff E. said...
I think that it's safe to say that they will pretty much deep fry anything at a state fair! Deep fried pickels sounds interesting--but not a favorite for me. Good to see more of the "clan" on the BLOG. We'll have some pictures on there as soon as I can get this all figured out. Not exactly a computer whiz here! See ya!
Welcome to the blog Jeff E. It is nice to see more of the clan added into the insanity. I was crackin up at the pix. I go to the blog and then I see a glam pic of em, oh and the kiss on the stick, nice touch. I also loved the last pic too, in the rain jacket things. I haven't been to the MN state fair in the longest time. I still remember those pronto pups tho, those are my fav things to get at the fair. Great job! keep posting, by the way who gets the credit for these lovelies, ryan?
ryan you are so humble if your not talking about your really really ridiulously good looks your talking about your photography skills
Hey- a kiss on a stick sounds good to me... oh wait-- not married yet!!:-)!!!
I definately miss the Minnesota state fair- it's the only other place, apart from Martin camp, where you can gain 20 pounds in just a few short hours!
And how was your weekend, Rebeka? We missed you at the old Fisher Park picnic tables! The Nelson brothers joined the youth for a rousing game of FB, while the rest of us vegetated in the shade. This was following the food, which goes without saying when Martins get together!
I definately did give thought to those at the picnic!! I missed being there! My weekend was incredible!! SO much fun to be with old friends- reminisce and laugh about the good ol' days!
We (well, the boys) camped out-- the girls enjoyed the luxery of beds:-)... and to clarify- we went to rapidan baptist camp- where one of my friends works- so it was awesome- we went canoeing, swimming, watersliding... just an amazing, lazy- fun-filled weekend!
Ah, the Minnesota State Fair -- Oh the deep fried snickers, Tom Thumb Donuts, and now deep fried dill pickles, and kisses on a stick!!! It almost makes one weep! Pennsylvania doesn't know what it is missing!
Jeff & Laura (and family -- but I don't know if I really believe Ryan was there -- no evidence) we would have loved to join you there, but alas, we had to put an end to our 5,800 mile road trip. The fair was just a week too late.
It fun to see pictures of you there (and listen to Michael Medved broadcast live from the fair.) Now if we only could get Roberto's perspective of everything!
"It fun" -- that's the Philly way of conversing. Alas, I must remember that most of you aren't from Philly so I must remember to use my verbs when blogging. Sorry!
In Minnesota we would say" It was SO fun don't ya know". Yes it seems if it is deep fried and on a stick it will sell at the fair. However...the kiss was not "deep fried" but great none the less :)
It was one of the few "low-cal" options on a stick that we enjoyed.
We tried Banana foster on a stick,and
deep fried snickers on a stick this year as well as deep fried jalepeno cream cheese shrimp poppers as our new items at the fair. As you are probably thinking ...how many fat grams did they consume in one day...thousands i'm sure, but they were all worth it!!!! Jim we would of loved to have you all with us at the "Great Minnesota Get Together" maybe some year!
Well, dad, it's about time you started talking hip! It so cool you tawkin' philly, neow.
Ryan, I sing your praises, you are a marvelous photographer, keep it up, but stop being such a camera hog, I mean really, give someone else a chance to click, click.
Unlike my brilliant computer whiz, cuz, Jeff E., I cannot figure out how to have an identity here, so remain anonymously yours,
Melanie
Dis is yo' lovely family member Sara. I see we've reverted back ta ebonix ag'in. So, ya'll can just slap mah fro cuase ya'll is mad stupid.
And Laura, what'swiff ya dissing da name Shen-a-nah?
Miss Valedictorian!
Allow me to enlighten you with this blogger stuff!!! When posting a comment- look beneath the box... you will see the words... "choose an identity." click on the "other" option. Once the circle next to "other" has been chosen-- type in anything you want in the name box-- just ignore the web page box and click on the blue "Publish Your Comment" box.
Tanks fo letten yor ignrant cuz- help yo ouht!
Well, Rebeka, I sure hope this works as easily as you say.
And now I have a question for all you Martins. I was going to make scrambled eggs this morning, and as you all know, scrambled eggs for two people requires about four tablespoons of butter. So, I get the butter melting away, and lo and behold NO EGGS! I NEVER run out of eggs. We usually throw them away by the dozen. I even called Rick in to search the refridgerator and counter, but alas, to no avail. So now I have a half stick of melted butter, and I have no use for it. I can't use it for cookies, because it's in a pan I cook onions in, and I can't make scrambled eggs as I have none.
Please, offer suggestions
Wow, that was not difficult at all!
Melanie, you could just put some seasonings in the butter and then some lemon juice and lemon zest, and then pour it over chicken and have your hubby put the marinated chicken on the barbie. Or the simplest solution, this may be a shocker, but just BUY MORE EGGS. the butter won't go anywhere.
good answer ryan! Yeah mell, then you can make your face nice and round and not have to worry about wrinkles, just multiple chins.
Hey mel- glad you got your own identity:-)!!
My option for the butter... did you know that butter is a great hair moisturizer??? Yeah- just pour it over those scraggly's of yours and in no time at all- your hair folicals will be rejoicing in smooth- greasy ease!!! Your tresses will be all shimmerin and shinin! NOTE: for an example see Blog site Martin Family camp 2005! The Peedster and Mergs are a fine example of this "wonderment"! Plus... that background smell of onions will make you all the more "biker-woman" that you are:-)!!!
Okay Jeffy and Ry... what's up with this ham sam-- jack john stuff?-- no inside secrets on the martin blog!
~Rebeka
Thank you for underestimating my intelligence... I think this is rather something- that if come to light- would embarress the both of you (due to the immaturity factor)-THUS... you choose not to let others in on the secret--to save face!
I agree- it is more like a blastsite!
Hey and it's good to see that the bittersweet is not just a trait us Martin woman possess-- you do a good job of it yourself- Jeffy!
Well, unlike the two of you--- I am quite able to handle my own! My whit has no need to be teamed up with anyone else! Some of the less fortunates do, I suppose, have to rely on a joint effort!
Tis true! That last comment was full of bitterness -no sweetness! YIKES! I must be careful not to lean towards one side or the other!
r
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree! You're vicious too!
Just because I have a lot of down time at work... doesn't mean you have to get all jealous about it! Most of the time- my comments are merely protecting my character- against the slander I suffer at the hands of harsh family members!
And what a lack of respect for your elders... naming Aunt Char as a nerd- you really have a lot of nerve. Didn't your humble father teach you anything?!!
Okay... So we are getting entirely too mean to one another... despite your multiple short-comings Ryan... you still are rediculously good looking!
Well well well ryan, I almost believed you for a minute. All this trash about only going on the blog once a day. I think that anyone can at the click of a mouse go to archives or even other comment posts and see that there have been numerous times where you posted more than once a day. It's ok that you go on the blog a lot, just don't fib and say you don't. I think it is safe to say that anyone who goes to this blog is a nerd. Attention Martin clan keep an eye on Ryan before he lies again.
perhaps my sweetness is not hereditary!
And obviously my bittersweetness IS hereditary - at least the bitter part! Never fear, Laura, your girls are sweetness personified!
Ryan, Ryan, because YOU have been put in your place by r pointing out your own immaturity due to your young age of under 2 decades, must you quickly find someone even younger than yourself to pick on?
Sounding very lemon-y with that patella tendonitis there.
Hmmm, does the one who delights to dish it out not like to be the receiver?
Ryan, Ryan, of course you have great maturity. Just didn't want you to yield to the temptation to pick on someone younger than you (especially my daughter, lol) because you've been picked on!
And of course your pt was an explanation to Maria, not self-pity - just a little teasing on my part.
Post a Comment
<< Home