Hunting in Montana
Montana Tree Stand:I guess this is what you get when you put a city girl from Philly with a huntin' boy from Montana.
We really had a great time hunting. Melanie is turning out to be quite the hunter!

Only in MONTANA!
Yes, this is real!
A female shot this huge bull elk. The story is that her truck broke down so she borrowed her boyfriend's car. Now this is a Montana highway.
Doesn't this just make you want to come out and visit?!?


11 Comments:
Rick I thought you were going to tell us that it was a good thing you had just gotten that big new car so you had enough room to get the elk home so Mell could get right to gutting it and dressing it out!
Thanks for posting. Your mule dear is impressive!
We missed you guys here for Thanksgiving, but are glad you two were together.
Wow Melanie...I've now seen you in Black Leather(Harley-Davidson black,I might add) and Hunters Bright orange...Who would of ever thought that you a "City Girl" would adapt so beautifully to the wild west! What a gal!
Love to see the pictures, and that is indeed an impressive kill.
I was happy to read that it was not you driving that overloaded car down that busy metropolis highway.
Gotta love that Montana highway. No stress there! But wouldn't it be easier to fall asleep at the wheel?
What a huge deer - great job, Rick!
Sure loved having Amy here for Thanksgiving. I was thinking how neat it would be if she'd come every year, but if James and Maria are not here next year I'm afraid we old folks would be pretty boring!
I must correct the record, as I believe I was responsible for causing some confusion as to the RickandMell Thanksgiving dinner. They each worked night shift all week, had no time to prepare a feast, but were invited to the home of friends from church. OTHER Mussons (2 hours away) did the buffet/hunting thing.
Melanie, Daddy says he will pay for shipping if you could make some lefse and mail it out!! So heat up that griddle! Send an SOS to Grandma Martin that you need a turner and cooling cloths.
Rick and Melanie,
Happy Thanksgiving! I'm sorry you didn't get to be with family over the holiday! Next year, I think mom will cook a turkey and whoever wants to join her is more than welcome. I don't think mom enjoyed the buffet.. you know...she eats like a bird! :) Love you guys. Trust you are well. Miss you tons, aim
Montana girl, The blessing was really ours for having you. You put up with a lot of craziness so graciously!! You can imagine how quiet it will be for us next year without James and Maria (Jim and I are SO quiet), so you should probably make plans to come cheer us up for Thanksgiving next year!
Char, you could always join us at the cabin for Thanksgiving especially since the rest of the family will already be there. Dad & Mom plan to stay at the Americinn so we will have plenty of room for all.
Nice shot Rick. Mel,the pic of you on Rick cracks me up. I can't believe you hunt!!!Best of luck to ya! Loo
Hello all, we are amazingly able to get on the internet again! IT's been a long time for me. Well, Rick's buck is a four by five, and we think it weighed around 200. He shot it from 150 yards.
Oh, and Aunt Merily, don't worry, I still love Ann Taylor!
Welcome back!
Rick and Melanie, I try to check this site now and again...Rick, you have joined an amazing family! :) (as did Melanie...of course!) (wink) I miss you both. Keep your calendar clear for July 4th --- if you can! :) I plan to come back to the amazing west...hopefully for about 10 days! I love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home