"Sincerely Humbled"
Uncle Jeff thought it best to cease blogging,
So as not to be accused of site hogging,
To let some heal their scars,
Like “swimmers” and “r’s”,
I’ll even stop with the sharp witted floggings.
Now I’m sure this will come as a shock.
That some will consider a crock,
But just rest assured,
As I give you my word,
I’m only trying to gather the flock.
I’ve decided to turn over a new leaf,
For some this will cause disbelief,
With no more attacks,
It should bring bloggers back,
And the “east-coasters” will sigh in relief.
So my hope’s that this act’s not too late,
And we’ll start with a sparkly clean slate,
And then when you see,
Just how nice I can be,
You’ll be filled up with love and not hate.
I’ll return to the blog, Martin Clan,
And post stuff as nice as I can,
I know it sounds sappy,
But it should make all of “them” happy,
Which is tops on the list of my plan.
25 Comments:
nice poem! however, i dont understand why there is such a concern over blog hoging...I say the more the merrier :-)
Another great poem! Welcome back !
PS - I guess I've been a Martin too long to have been offended by any alleged blog hogging or anything else either. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to know when I've been slandered, and maybe I live in a fantasy world thinking every Martin loves every other Martin!
Whew! for a few days we thought maybe we lost you for good. Welcome back!
Your skill and wit as poet never ceases to astound. We truly enjoyed your latest effort.
Also, we trust all the Jerry's had a great Thanksgiving. We had a great time with the Nelsons (and even had some snow Thanksgiving morning, adding a festive touch.)
By the way, just as every self-respecting Martin just did with his/her Thanksgiving dinner, go ahead and be a hog -- and I say, that goes for blog hogging as well!
Inside Scoop: Just want everyone to know that R is super-busy at the met-pro desk at this time of year, and Sars is still getting accustomed to her new job and new living location. Isn't it a shame about the theft? They will both write as soon as they have time. And really, I am too busy to write also, but I am a master procrastinator. That gives me an idea for another Bass Lake course! I could teach you all how to PUT THINGS OFF BY DOING OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS!
Is Ryan as busy with end-of-the-semester stuff as James and Maria are? It's papers and projects by the pile due these days, and these courses are tough.
Hey Rebeka, I know your too crazy to blog, but I hope you are not too crazy to read.
I heard that Abby Brister is hitting town and you are headed for NYC! What fun!!!!
Hope you have a blast...I'm sure you will...don't reveal too many family secrets to her,we all go to church with her!! Ha Ha
A quick hello- to all those who haven't given up on me:-)!
Yes! Abby is flying in and another friend is driving up and "us" girls are spending our Saturday in NYC! I'm very excited! I don't even want to think about all that has to get done before now and tomorrow night... when they come! It will be a blast -- they stay until Monday! Abby I'm sure already has quite the thoughts about us Martin Clan... but don't worry- I never reveal family secrets:-)!-- Only if they are good!
Back to the Met-Pro desk- since I'm taking 1/2 day tomorrow- they have quite the slew of work for me to get done!
Jeff, it may just be my suspicious nature, but you are so nice that is borders on insincerity. Maybe it's difficult for you, turning over this new leaf of kindness? Oops, did not mean to sound unkind myself. You're such an example.
Oh Rebeka - will this snowstorm cause any change in plans? How were you planning to get to NY? Well, I'm sure you are just SWAMPED at work and will have no time to answer, but I hope you have a blast, and maybe the snow will make things even MORE interesting!
Oh no, uncle jeff...keep turn back a leaf! The jabs and slander only make things fun and interesting!!!! If you're only nice to us, then we must only be nice to you, and what's the fun in all this niceness?
Mom, I have something important to tell you! I finished my first crossword!!!!
Melanie, how could MY daughter say, "What's the fun in all this niceness?" Well, Jeff, your wit has been fun, and maybe you could just disguise it as niceness. It would take an even sharper wit, and could possibly violate your sincerity thing, but. . .
Melanie - wonderful! Good for you. You are my daughter after all! Have you tried the sudoku yet? It's really fun, and you'd love the numbers aspect.
But the alcoholic does not NEED alocohol. He may need Nyquil though. So offering him Nyquil would be doing him a favor. I'm hoping that you haven't chased the sars and rs away at all, but that they are just too busy right now.
R - can't wait to hear about your weekend!
My weekend (a 3.5 day weekend was superb) Abby and Shelly- two friends from college got in around 11:00pm on Friday night- we chatted until 1:00- got up at 7:00 to spend the day in NYC! It was incredible! I LOVED IT! It was beautiful and crowded and noisy and crazy and simply amazing! We shopped till we dropped- and we saw Lion King on Broadway -which was well worth the money spent!!! Then we had a wonderful NYC dessert at a little bakery-- and made it home by 2:30am! Monday I made the ladies breakfast in bed-- we of course chatted for a few hours- enjoyed one last dessert at Applebees and then they were on their way! A perfect way to spend a weekend:-)!
Today- was a little more treacherous-- I got in a car accident on the way to work-- I'm fine- just a little bruised up-- a bus of all things... decided to hot the road and take off the left side of my car! Those bus-drivers! haha!
Hope all is well with everyone...
whoops... the bus-- hogged the road! Back to my regular bloopers on the blog!
Your weekend sounds like so much fun! And we are so thankful you are OK. The road hog bus encounter could have been much more destructive. Your poor car! How are you feeling today - still with a headache?
Rebeks I heard about the crash from Aunt Gin and am relieved to hear that you were okay besides the minor things. Praise the Lord! I miss you tons and am green with envy when hearing about your weekend. Maybe I need to come out for a little visit to the East coast and spend some time with my friends. All is well in O-town but life is a little boring. Love you Silly
Hey R so sorry ro hear about the accident...What a bummer about your car being totalled! Sure glad your ok though! I hope you find a good deal on another car. Maybe some nice old lady with a hot rod will give you a deal!
Thanks for all the concern! Only slight soreness and a few bruises- not anything to keep me down!! I just talked to the car repair guy last night- and he doesn't think they will total it... it pretty much can go either way--- it's just up to my insurance company- but the guy who gave the estimate is a Christian and I'm friends with his daughter- so, he strongly suggested to them that since it has low miles and was in excellent condition- that it should be salvaged! I'll just be without a car for a couple weeks... I get to use the family van-- big Burtha!
Big Burtha to the rescue! I'm so glad your car can be repaired.
James and Sara are meeting for an ecomony lunch downtown today. After today he has one final on Monday. Maria's last final is today.
HELLO FAMILY!!!
I have missed my blogger days. I promise to post a complete update as soon as time permits. I have been quite busy with moving and starting my new job. Everything's going well though. More details will follow later. Just wanted to let you all know I was still alive and well.
Can't wait to meet up with James for lunch. So nice to have a visit in the city!!
Sara, you stinker! I was going to treat you guys for lunch - I sent plenty of green stuff! We need to treat you still, so NEXT time! Anyway, James got home in time to change for work and was off, so I didn't get many details, but he had a blast. He says Center City is your niche.
Welcome back to blog-land! Don't you think UJ should return to normal? All his syrup-y sweetness is too much, don't you think? Don't be offended, UJ. It just means there's nothing wrong with the real you.
AMEN CHAR!!!!
OK I go away from the blog for a little bit and this is what I come back to? I honestly don't know what to think of you there uncle jeff. These comments are giving me diabetes. Jeff, what happened? Why the sudden sacchrine overload on your comments? Anyway it is great to know that the Martins are all breathing and well(if uncle jeff falls into the "well" category). Sara and I may be lunching together on monday, I'll try to bring a camera and get some pix up so you can see how we've grown. Love to all,
James
James I'm with you. How sappy is this! I came to the site to see the blogsters in full force and I get the touchy feely polictally correct junk. Where are the fighting fundamentalists? You are Martin's aren't you? Why start being nice to each other now. Now keep in mind you've got in-laws that are counting on certain levels of verbal blistering to occur betweeen family memebers. If this is what the interaction has been reduced to... I am greatly disapppointed and my blogging days are over before they got started;-)
Jeff, did you read Grant's comment? Please respond APPROPRIATELY, meaning in the grand Martin tradition.
Post a Comment
<< Home