Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sunday Storm in Philadelphia




For once the weather forecast was correct. It is beautiful, however.

17 Comments:

At February 12, 2006 12:16 PM, Blogger Uncle Jim said...

We wish you all were here with us enjoying a cup of hot chocolate or java.
I got up early to shovel myself out and get to church to shovel walks, steps, etc. and wait for the snowplow.
Getting around was a challenge, but my Minnesota roots taught me a thing or two about winter driving and we prevailed.
We actually had AM services for those who braved the weather. It was a sweet time of fellowship.

 
At February 12, 2006 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think we've even had that much snow fall at a time for a couple of years now. Minnesota weather has changed quite a bit.
The snow is beautiful!

 
At February 13, 2006 6:19 AM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

I'll never forget those MN storms while I was in college - driving through one lane with snow higher than the car on the way to the farm, being snowed in (away from school) more than once, choosing the icy sidewalks so that we could cling to our date's arm (that would be only Jim for me)!

 
At February 13, 2006 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Char, do you remember the snow storm that we drove in to the cabin at Thanksgiving. Jim drove right down the center lane, barely being able to see the road. We were the only ones crazy enough to be out driving in it.

 
At February 13, 2006 10:41 AM, Blogger Martin said...

I hear we're supposed to get snow on Wed and Thurs night. Mergs and Mell doesn’t that bring back awesome memories of blizzards gone by, especially the blizzard of 96, where the plow pile on the corner of Jeanes and Stanwood was so high that it the stop sign had to be dug out of it and it was big enough to sled down. Oh and going sledding everyday with the Weidemanns, those were the days.

 
At February 13, 2006 10:44 AM, Blogger Martin said...

Hey guys by the way I am old enough to go dipping into libations legally now. Oh the joys of turning 21!!!

 
At February 13, 2006 11:36 AM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

That Thanksgiving at the cabin was memorable in MANY ways! We were definitely crazy.

And yes, it is James' 21st - Happy Birthday, James!

 
At February 13, 2006 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aunt Char, crazy???? I'd LOVE to see that!!! I knew you had it in you Aunt Char...you just wait...that pin the depend on the donkey is just dying to be used!!!

Happy B-day James!! Oh to be 21 again. I just had a daunting moment yesterday when I realized that 5 years of my life have gone by in a blink. You enjoy this year...just avoid the libations. They don't bring what they promise!!!

I wanted to call into work today to let them know I would be calling out sore. I don't think my body has felt this kind of pain EVER!! (Except for that time I fell 2 stories into pure muck!) But anyway...I shoveled for 3 hours yesterday.

 
At February 13, 2006 3:02 PM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Sara, where were you shoveling for three hours? That is too much! Maria shoveled for the neighbors and her neck and shoulders are extremely painful right now. Her problem was the snow stuck to the shovel. It is the stickiest snow!

Yes, we had our crazy days. Driving to the cabin in a blizzard with nearly zero visibility was crazy, but we won't get into all the pre-Jim crazies.

 
At February 13, 2006 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my word Sars you had me goin, are you reffering to the time you went on the water trolley at camp calvary? I love that story.

 
At February 13, 2006 4:11 PM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Congratulations to Robert on his new job! When does he start, and when will he drop one route? Soon, sleep deprivation will be a thing of the past!

 
At February 13, 2006 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"SNOW, SNOW, SNOW, SNOW, SNOW..."
Is little Rebel back from her trip yet or is she still stuck because of the SNOW?

 
At February 14, 2006 11:17 AM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Wow - we no longer will need to see a BROWN sweater if Rebeka herself is BROWN! Can't wait to hear about the trip, R!

 
At February 15, 2006 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately- I didn't get an ounce of brownness! Tragic I know- but for the most part-- Florida wasn't excessively sunny during our stay! The temperature ranged from low 60's to low 70's! --so for most of the week-- I was in jeans and sweatshirts! The fun I had... should be forbidden! I hope to post pictures on the blog soon!

 
At February 15, 2006 10:01 AM, Blogger laura40mar said...

So does this mean you may have WORN the BROWN SWEATER in Florida?
I guess we will have to wait for the pictures to see for ourselves!
(lol)
Glad you had fun!
Welcome back!!!!!

 
At February 15, 2006 10:02 AM, Blogger laura40mar said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At February 19, 2006 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those pics are bringing back memories of the blizzard of 96!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home