Martin Clan
We are a group of cousins (firsts, seconds, thirds, fourths...) who at our great-grandmothers funeral decided to stay in touch despite the hurdles of distance and lifes business! Through the example of our Great Grandparents, Grandparents and Parents we have learned the importance of family. So may the lines and (typed) keys of communication remain busy! I love you guys!!!

15 Comments:
We have just returned from a wonderful 50th birthday/Christian School/Home School seminar weekend and have collected such great memories along the way.
We stayed with Naomi & Dave DeLeon in Cazenovia, NY Wednesday and then traveled through blizzard conditions through Ontario (via Niagara Falls) to Russ & Kathryn Reemtsma's in Clarkston, MI. Then it was off to Traverse City, MI to speak at a Christian School founder's banquet. We stayed with Doug and Terry (Roeben) Stauffer (Terry is principal and had invited me as speaker.) Then it was back to Clarkston for Sunday services with Reemtsmas and finally on to home! We covered many miles and enjoyed wonderful hospitality and fellowship along the way. It was a birthday weekend to remember. Maria had a full birthday feast prepared upon our return complete with cake! Does it get any better than this?
Congratulations and best birthday wishes, Char. It couldn't happen to a nicer person.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHAR!
(...but you can't possibly be 50!)
You will remain forever young in my mind! (just tryin to earn some brownie points...you never know whem I'LL need them).
Thanks too for posting a new pic,
it was getting stale on the blog.
Happy Birthday Auntie Char! I can't even believe you've joined the 50 and older pack! You've given me hope (as far as look'n so great at 50)... but I suppose genetically- it's of no benefit to me... thankfully my mom looks great too:-)!!! So many monumental birthdays this year... can't believe I'm turning the big 20 this year!!!:-)
Many thanks to all! It's so exciting to be FIFTY! And to think R is the same age James is! She flew through college and retains her youth beautifully. It gives me hope for many, many future years in my fifties. I'll be in my fifties at least as long as R is in her twenties, possibly longer.
Yep-- can't wait to turn that ripe old age of 20!!! My how the years fly by! AND whoah... a comment from Jeff-E? - I had pretty much given up on you over these past few months of silence... how goes it? Do you realize I'm conversing with a Michigan-lad and he's coming out to meet me at the end of the month?! Perhaps I'll post a picture of this mystery man for all to see... then again... perhaps I won't!!:-)
And a libatious "cheers" to Aunt Char and myself for many-long-extended years in our 20's and 50's!!! (ok! well... cut out the libation part) Hmm! Do we have Sara or James to blame for such heathenery on the blog???
Only one song comes to my mind when I think of Aunt Char + another birthday...."Sixteen Candles!"
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesnt the rule go that once you turn 30 you dont keep aging you infact start REGRESSING in age???? So really Aunt Char you are what? 20 years old...WOW-EEEEEE youre younger than the Rebeastery(AKA:Rebeka)!
Happy Big 50 Birthday Char! You know the older I get, the younger that sounds! Hmmm! How's that happen!? I hope Jim gave you the 'Royal' treatment as you so rightly deserve and have earned at such a milestone in your life!!!Remember! Sara has suggested playing, pin the depend on the donkey, so keep that in mind for future birthday fun!
Oh I really did want to send you birthday greetings last night. So hear it is a day late:
"Happy Birthday, it's your Birthday, what a great day for you Birthday" (Spirit fingers wave wildy)
How can a niece who understands the aging and numbering processes so well NOT be a favorite! Good thinking, E, I love it. You obviously will do very well on those ACTs and SATs.
R, denial has worked for me all my life, so keep it up and be happy!
And YES, my nearly perfect spouse made my day WONDERFUL! He is the best.
Coming right up...
I couldn't get the picture to post... I'll have to try out the home computer!!!
How honored am I! Welcome back to blog-land, Jeff E and Jeff! And your wishes made me laugh pretty heartily! And I can read them again tomorrow for the "first" time and laugh again. How wonderful to age! And guess what, UJ, you can't be far behind.
Merily, you are so sweet. I love you for saying that, and will try to make it true!
A friend came up with a GREAT idea. Instead of stating our age as younger, we should give it as decades OLDer. My 48-year-old friend wows everyone by telling them she is 98.
Looking forward to the pics, R!
Well Aunt Char...I beleive the saying goes...Red Rover, Red Rover, the nurse said bend over...Guess you're finally ripe for the slappen!!!
So...it's time to bring out the Pin the Depend on the donkey, eh?
I think Bobert or Ralph Cramden can spare a few! For a while they fooled me with the excuse that the depends were for Bo and his numerous accidents on the carpet, but I'm pretty sure Bobert has gotten more use out of them that poor dear Bo!
Post a Comment
<< Home