Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Continuation of Bo and Bob

Both tuckered out from a long day's work

15 Comments:

At September 07, 2006 4:56 AM, Blogger laura40mar said...

Where is the food Bob? This pose usually has you devouring a piece of pie or something! It is nice to see you on the blog, now we would like to hear you on the blog!

 
At September 07, 2006 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always love the Bo and Bob pictures! There's always such a love-fest between the two of them!

Don't worry about the food Laura... I'm sure his wife or daughters are in the kitchen dishing him up a monstrous bowl of ice-cream!

 
At September 07, 2006 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Bob. Gotta question for ya. Does the remote in the hand run in the family and extended family?

 
At September 07, 2006 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We never get the chance to find out since Bobert is never too swift to hand it over...

 
At September 07, 2006 7:01 PM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Don't you think the remote obsession is a man thing, regardless of family genes?

 
At September 07, 2006 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree Char! Grant always has the remote and is watching several shows at the same time...very irritating!

 
At September 07, 2006 8:48 PM, Blogger laura40mar said...

Question for you ladies...if the "man" is not home and you have possession of the remote, do you channel surf?

 
At September 08, 2006 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, seeing none of the other guys want to shed any light on the subject, I will try my best to explain the infamous man/remote issue.

What women don't understand is that it is clear violation of the man code to allow anyone other than "the man" to use the remote control. There are a few reasons behind this.

The first being, historically speaking, the man in charge with the most power typically held a scepter/staff or some sort of object to show his brute manliness and ever-powerfulness. Lets go back a ways. "Captain Caveman" sported his club to pride himself as the caveman in charge and to warn everyone that he meant serious unga-bunga business. All throughout medieval times a man would carry a sword and slice and dice anyone trying to overthrow his authority.

Obviously, nowadays this is not near as socially acceptable to do, so we have been forced to take a more suttle approach. The remote is definitely still a status icon. It is easy to see who is clearly the man currently with the most power by looking to see who has control over "entertainment scepter" or the remote. Just look back at the picture of Bob and replace the remote in his hand with a scepture and give him a crown. Mighty Kingly huh?

One other more basic reason that it is a violation of the man code to give up the remote is merely based on past experience. What man hasn't wanted to dig his eyes out with a spoon after a women has been given the remote and has been subjected to a 9 hour movie on the lifetime channel or maybe an Oprah marathon? Maybe we could see a few more tampon or feminine pad commercials too? ... Please! Stop the insanity!! Men begin getting glassy eyed and start foaming at the mouth after only 5 minutes of this inhumane torture. It has since been found out that non even Nazi's would subject their prisoners to that severe of punishment. Enough is enough!

That is really all I can explain for right now without giving away any secrets from the man code, but I hope it does help to clear up some things.

 
At September 08, 2006 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At September 08, 2006 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit... you have a point... and a funny one at that! So funny-- that I'm sure that's why the comment got posted twice!!

 
At September 08, 2006 11:09 AM, Blogger laura40mar said...

After reading the "ladies" responses I can see that I stand alone on this issue...you see, I am a channel surfer(only if I am alone though, I am much too sweet and considerate to "surf" while others are viewing with me)...maybe this is the difference between the sexes...just a thought!

 
At September 08, 2006 11:19 AM, Blogger laura40mar said...

Oh and Jeffrey...too funny ;)

 
At September 08, 2006 1:15 PM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

I must say, you did a GREAT job explaining the issue - and NONE of it speaks well for your gender!

 
At September 08, 2006 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not really sure how that got published 2 x's but sorry!

 
At September 09, 2006 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since the Jerry's genes don't want anymore tampon etc. commercials how about those Cialis ads on all of the sporting programs? Do any of the Jim's have a remote problem?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home