Wednesday, August 31, 2005

MONTANA

The happy Musson couple at a lookout point, about halfway up storm castle moutain
Mergs and I at Hyalite Lake
Mammoth Hot Springs(in Wyoming)
The other happy couple and Sabre

17 Comments:

At August 31, 2005 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure those are backdrops and Uncle Jim, Aunt Char, and clan were busy posing against a bare wall. James...what magic you've worked!!

Nah, seriously though...those pictures are amazing!! Makes me want to visit!

 
At August 31, 2005 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah- WOW! Breath-taking even from a photo!

Can't wait to go out for a visit!

 
At August 31, 2005 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just have to tell everyone that Rick tried out for the SWAT team there in Bozeman - a grueling 36-hour test of strength and endurance. He finished! There were only 2 positions open, so it came down to a vote - and Rick made the team! I think it shows great character, and I'm so thankful Melanie's married to such a wonderful man. Like my niece Mary Jo said after she met Rick, "I can see why Melanie wanted to marry HIM!"
Lord, forgive my pride, I'm really just thankful!

 
At September 01, 2005 6:28 AM, Blogger laura40mar said...

Thanks for sharing the news about rick! thats great! we too share in your opinion of rick. we really enjoyed meeting him and getting to know him just a little bit while at bass lake. Just another reason to go to bass lake every year...you just never know who may show up! haha! And char...i see pride runs through the family haha...it must be genetic.

 
At September 01, 2005 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing that I've picked up that Martin pride? I was so humble in my younger days. ;-)
Just want everyone to know that Melanie and Rick would LOVE to have you visit! Maybe not all at once - but really, you would love Montana and Montana Mussons would love to show off their state!
Right, Melanie, if you ever have time to blog?

 
At September 01, 2005 3:34 PM, Blogger Martin said...

It is beautiful in MT though, I wonder if mel ever has the urge to just go and belt out a good yodel from one of her moutains, or if just "The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music" would suffice.

 
At September 01, 2005 3:39 PM, Blogger Martin said...

I do have to say I was impressed with how focused on going to work Mel and Rick are. One morning while we were in MT. I woke when ricks alarm clock went off(it is loud enogh to hear all through the apt.) anyway I woke up to watch from the roof of the apt. the sunrise over the mountains. The sunrise was spectacular, I said hi and waved like a lunatic while mel walked to her car, she didn't see me and drove to work, I did the same thing when rick went to work too, but I had the same response, good work at being driven guys!! I can only imagine what the innocent passer by must have thought.

 
At September 02, 2005 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh don't worry Emily, while my mom is frequently making corrections on her comments, the rest of us really don't care, I have many spelling and grammatical errors. There was a day when everyone on the blog made correction notices, but those days are long gone

 
At September 02, 2005 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At September 06, 2005 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah- we've pretty much come to the realization that the Martin's can't have it all- although we get stinkin- dog-gone close!

So- make all the errors you want- hold your head high and know that those who have blogged before you... paved the way for our error filled blog site!

 
At September 08, 2005 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you've made Rick's day! He is starting to swell up with the martin pride now! Mom, you didn't tell me Mary Jo said that, that's so cute!

Yes, come one, come all and visit us in the beautiful state of MT!!! Now can you see why I love it!

We have a guest room and a living room, so we can fit at least twenty at a time!

Rick says, and the Jim Martins would agree that "it's way too crowded for even one person here."

I only wrote that last paragraph because Rick made me. If anyone wonders the background, I'm sure the Jim Martins can fill you in

 
At September 08, 2005 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful to hear that Rick is already catching on to the Martin pride - it probably comes even more easily for MEN than WOMEN! Forgive me, everyone, just speaking GENERALLY, in the world we live.

Before we visited Melandrick, Melanie went on (and on)about how small and cramped and crowded their apartment was. I was envisioning something quite different than what we eventually actually saw! The bedrooms are large, the kitchen is spacious, everything is roomy and wonderful. The 6 of us lived there for 5 nights and 4 days with not one argument or loss of patience. I wondered if they had moved out of the apartment Melanie had been talkinga about.

Yes, there is plenty of room even if you all decide to visit at once!

 
At September 08, 2005 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You see, even when Rebeka and I TRY to be bitter, the sweetness triumphs in the end. That is the bittersweet thing - we can't even help it.

 
At September 09, 2005 5:29 AM, Blogger laura40mar said...

Wow I must of missed the "bitter" part of this bittersweet martin female characteristic...I am nothing but sweet!!! Char and Rebeka there is hope for you, don't be discouraged, perhaps I could tutor you...maybe next summer at Bass Lake we could meet each morning after Chapel? What do you think? Ha Ha. What do you mean?...there is no pride issue here! :)

 
At September 09, 2005 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh to learn Laura's secrets of sweetness- If you hold a sweetness lecture at Martin camp-- how could I not come?

At least I am not alone in my bittersweet escapades! Thanks for being my accomplice Aunt Char!!!:-)

 
At September 09, 2005 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a little thrown off by the bittersweet stuff. could someone please explain

 
At September 09, 2005 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the original explanation for bittersweet was in a different (now archived) location where Ryan thought Rebeka was mean and nice in the same comment, which he thought was impossible. But you see, it is NOT impossible if you are bittersweet! I think Rebeka is wonderful at it, and you know how your dad thinks bittersweet is what I am, although really, I think I'm sweet (like Laura). No bitter here, surely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home