Let the games begin....
Oh all the words of wit and folly
strange enough brings Martins' full jolly!
First we have Ryan with pompous and pride
with all of the comments- he makes in full snide!
Oh "stay in the kitchen- eating away"
all of your pie and lemonade!
Then we have Jeff in "humble" atire
who boasts of his "attribute" till all shall expire.
Laura chimes in with her faux-sweetness too.
What are the rest of us Martin's to do?
We can't forget Jeff-E with comments gallore
so loaded with nonesense they bring me to snore.
Joel Peter with only one comment will too-
get slandered with the whole lot of you!
And so remains this game we play
The Jim Martin Clan is on its way
to master the whit so many aspire-
we shall go on and on and never tire.
So BRING IT ON- oh Clan of Jerry
and we no words of taunt will spare ye!
32 Comments:
All right... where's my back-up?? Aunt Char- one can always count on your support-- how bout you Sara? Unfortunately- I don't think I can stand alone on this one... Not with Jeff being the cunning one that he is!
The Whit - Wit controversy gives the Jim Martin clan a big ONE or possibly TWO so:
JIM MARTIN CLAN - 3
JERRY MARTIN - 1 (disputed)
Vicious! I can handle the youngsters- all fine and dandy- it's you old wise ones that can dish it out beyond my taking! OLD or shall I say ancient age does have it's (rare) priviledges!
Thanks Aunt Char:-)
A huge APPLAUSE for you Mergs- please do get involved in commenting more often! Your math skills are astounding!
Oh man, I am hootin and hollerin as James is fond of saying. You guys are too much! We do have an understanding that we don't point out all the errors, grammatical or spelling or otherwise, right? It's on a comment somewhere. Consulting the esteemed Webster on every word could possibly impair the higher goal of communication. And I am aware that wit has been parading as whit by people on both "sides." But THAT was an important enough term that it needed to be addressed. And, I, being of the Jim Martin clan, reclaim my point. It's not rude in this situation.
Since we of the Jim Martin clan are also kind and gracious and forgiving (and humble and sweet), this might be a good time eto call things EVEN! In the interest of everyone's self-esteem, and not to hurt ANY of the Martin pride, let's just all admit we're all great!
JIM MARTIN CLAN - 10
JERRY MARTIN CLAN - 10
I second that motion!
~R
I must admit, though I'll probably be accused of waffling, that Jeff's poem was great - but so was the original, don't you really think? Maybe the games should be old vs. young! No, no! I can't stand the conflict!
While I was posting earlier comments I was studying WW I with James and Maria, and when we came to November 18, I had to have ALL wars over. If I have given up too soon, please continue everyone.
Well Jeff- I was turning a new leaf on this blog with an attempt of being only sweet- since obviously that's all you're used to with Laura:-)but oh how you spurn me to bitterness!!! I must bridle my tongue and strap down these fingers... before I type yet another bitter comment! No matter what... You can not coax me to return to my bitter ways!
I can converse on a friendly (sweet)level! The question is...can you???
Oh Joel Peter... please climb off that high horse you're on... these nicknames we use are not shady alias's... just because we have a tad more creativity on the Jim Martin side- does not give you the liberty to bash us! I can almost smell the jealousy!
And Jeff -- I had tried my hand at sweetness AFTER I wrote the poem... I felt most convicted upon reading your poem about me ("don't write poems ever again -Because their not funny or nice") It was never my intent to be mean and malicious~~~ However, I feel it is back to Darwin with this family... Survival of the fittest- or perhaps better said, survival of the wittiest! So... sweetness once again is on the back burner in the hot "old" kitchen!
Jeff E, did you REALLY not realize that eto was a slip of the fingers with the e, meaning "to?" Must I quote your own dear Miss Manners?
Actually, calling for a truce is not a bad idea, and I'd be thrilled with peace. HOWEVER, it seems the Jerry Martin clan is not accustomed to living in unity or harmony. They persist in war. I'm thinking a truce may be impossible.
I'm hesitant to point it out, but with uncle jeff thinking he sees deception, I feel it must be pointed out that his own offspring lemonhead has been caught in SEVERAL undisputed deceptions in one day alone.
I think that's another point for the Jim Martin clan!
bickering bickering bickering.
the martins go on with egostistical fickering.
no need to fear
the nelsonator is hear
he comes with peace
before all is ripped to pieces
do not fret
non family camp comers only regret
go on with your silly poetry games
but be sure to be at camp to save your shame
Nelsonator, off with you to poetry 101! By the way what is "fickering?"
My "sweetness" (or as some have referred to as "faux"...Rebeka)prevents me from joining in this battle of words, as I can't even come up with anything remotely funny or sarcastic to say.
So I will leave the "wit" and cunning remarks to all of you...
JERRY MARTIN CLAN- 25 (10 points for sweetness...I mean it is a wonderful character trait)
JIM MARTIN CLAN- 5 (no change)
In Josh's defense, I believe his poem was of the impressionistic style. It was not meant to follow strict rules of poetry or of literature, but to convey an impression. In that sense, didn't he do a good job?
REGARDING NERDS: My crossword puzzle dictionary is always at hand because I do the daily crosswords. I have read that such an activity in one's youth (the present for me) helps to prevent the onset of Alzheimers in one's future. I am doing this for the sake of the FAMILY. Truly selfless.
Let me suggest a more accurate characteristic of a nerd: reading and quoting Miss Manners, as exhibited by Jeff E. Agreed?
Oh Ryan, you made a big mistake,
So in this war I’ll now partake.
Never mess with the oldest sister, the “Queen Mother”,
Remember, Josh is my little, BIG, brother.
Now you’ve done it, you’ve gone and pushed my buttons,
You’ve undoubtedly joined your fellow Jerry Clan gluttons,
So, hurry up and redeem yourself,
Because I don’t think I can control myself,
From squeezing you free of lemonade,
And bouncing you around like a ball in an arcade.
SHE'S BACK! Oh how I love when you're on the blog Sara!!!
I think it’s interesting that Ryan can scrutinize everyone else's poems, when he has yet to write one himself.
How DO you guys come up with these poems? So much fun - I love it.
Very Impressive CR! However... do you really have to ponder about who the victor will be??? Puh-lease! The Jim Martin Clan leads triumphantly-- those Jerry's are still busy eating their humble pie and sputtering off some make-believe points! Only because they can't win their own (points)!
Wonderful poetry - the best yet! I am in awe of poets! Since cr has declared herself not to be a centrist, she has just scored a WHOLE BUNCH of points for the JIM MARTIN CLAN!
Although . . .really, I am in favor of unity.
Of COURSE you are not a nerd, Jeff E. I certainly would not call you that or any other name. Read again. You just had one little characteristic of a nerd in that ONE instance! lol
Actually, I have always reminded my kids that we NEVER point out grammatical or "manner" errors, but we do correct them mentally. (As IF we had all the answers! Listen to me!) But didn't you think the whit-wit thing was too good to pass up?
Oh Ryan, you really are sweet! Consider all our hands joined and let us return. And really, the war was fun, now that it's over - I thought everyone was hilarious, and as you know, I do love those poems.
Have fun, everyone! We are soon to be "down the shore" as "Fluffyans" say, hopefully soaking in the sun and not the rain!
Robert does indeed recognize a winner when he sees one, and that is why he chose MERILY to be his partner for life, a choice that also involved his joining the winning Jim Martin clan. And Robert was not reluctant about that choice! Choosing a Jerry for a Rook partner is just another example of how we triumph when united!
And you thought I had left for the shore!
I've made a rhubarb torte to take to the shore - can I tempt any of you to join us?
Man Aunt Char... you know how these taste-buds of mine- scream out for any scrumptious dessert! The shore is sounding a little more appealing these days- than the Poconos! Have an awesome time- take some pictures for the blog!
Oh my, what I've missed in my few days of not checking up on things! We are now in a family feud, which will inevitably end in favor of the jims, so I need not worry, and my family is apparently going to the shore, which I did not know about.
Keep it up! I love the poetry.
okay Mel...just to keep you updated, the family feud is over!
The final score...we won't even go there...There are those who think that the Jim Martins are victorious...and then there are those who think that the Jerry Martins DOMINATED...
it will be a highly disputed for generations to come.
(What a legacy we leave to them)
This is no surprise. I mean HELLO! We are all Martins, do Martins ever submit, or -heaven forbid- concede? answer: NO!!! I once watched the video of Aunt Ginny and USD's wedding, and Uncle Ralph said some very poignant words about how Martins never admit that they were wrong... time heals everything. While there is no real argument here per se, the application can still be made from Uncle Ralph's words of wisdom. This time of dispute may be scaring away Uncle Ralph's beloved side of the fam. So may I declare a day of feasting and celebration for being Martins? Whether Jim or Jerry, Ralph, Shirley, Carol or David we are ALL Kenneth and Lula Martins, so let the celebration comence and do I need to say... let there be LOTS of food.
Oh wow - that was great! Love the feasting idea James, and the poem is the best yet, Jeff. How DO you do it? Do you naturally think in limerick? Rebeka, Sara, and Ryan all seem to gifted in this way as well, and perhaps others? I am full of admiration.
But, did you mean it, Jeff? Am I being too skeptical when I think there MAY be some insincerity? No, no, strike that thought.
We could just have one day of feuding every other month or something, you know, if we see that so much kindness is dulling our wit.
Oh wow - that was great! Love the feasting idea James, and the poem is the best yet, Jeff. How DO you do it? Do you naturally think in limerick? Rebeka, Sara, and Ryan all seem to gifted in this way as well, and perhaps others? I am full of admiration.
But, did you mean it, Jeff? Am I being too skeptical when I think there MAY be some insincerity? No, no, strike that thought.
We could just have one day of feuding every other month or something, you know, if we see that so much kindness is dulling our wit.
oops - don't ask me how I did that twice. I need a computer-sitter!
Post a Comment
<< Home