Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A day in the life of Maria and James (how thrilling!)



12 Comments:

At October 26, 2005 8:31 PM, Blogger Martin said...

Yeah we hop on the 28 bus and ride that for about a half hour, then we hop on the Broad Street Subway at Fern Rock and take the express to Spring Garden. The express train is pretty fast, we can usually get from Fern Rock to Spring Garden in 10-15 minutes. If one were to take a local he or she would be on there for about a half hour, just to get to Spring Garden. Now you can all be happy knowing how my sister and I get to school every day. YAY!
James

 
At October 26, 2005 8:41 PM, Blogger Martin said...

Ok so I originally was gonna tell you this story, then I decided to fill you in on a normal day of getting to and from class. Here is the story: I got on the 28 as usual and then this lady who I would say was about upper 50's or lower 60's hopped on the bus about 3 minutes after I did. She got on and announced to the whole bus, "well today I am going to the food store to buy fruits and veggies, if SEPTA strikes I am not gonna be able to get to the store to get my fruits and veggies" and this lunatic did not stop talking. I know that us Martins have a reputation for our mouths, but usually we have someone that we are talking to, I have yet to hear about one of us talking for no reason. This woman kept talking about how she needed to lose weight again, but that she really needs new clothes cause with cooler temps outside and bla bla bla bla. At least she did follow through and get off at Genuardi's(the food store). But I and a few other people chuckled and rolled our eyes as soon as she got off. Oh well, I'm done blabbing myself.

 
At October 26, 2005 8:41 PM, Blogger Martin said...

PS that was just James who wrote

 
At October 26, 2005 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how I miss the city lifestyle! I just learned yesterday that apparently "road" and "street" are not synonymous! We were hunting and driving along a dirt path thing, and there was a cow standing in the middle, so I commented that I couldn't believe there was a cow in the middle of the "street." Apparently this was a hilarious comment becuase we were on a "ROAD" and it is different from a "STREET!"

Really I love it out here!

 
At October 27, 2005 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Melbelina! I'm still in wonderment over your transition! City girl- becomes (out in the) sticks-hick! I love it!!!

And thanks for enlightening us all on the road/street thing! I never would have known! I guess those Montannians aren't as dumb as they look!!!

~~~Just jokin Rick!:-)

 
At October 27, 2005 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MABEL! Here you are commenting and I haven't heard a word about HUNTING! I'm just on the edge of the chairs here, waiting to hear.

 
At October 27, 2005 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, honey, just checked my email and thank you for writing! Maybe you should share the elk story? Well, anyway, I thought it was hilarious.

 
At October 27, 2005 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel, you would be so proud of Mergs. She is finally learning that if she wants to go to school from Fern Rock or Olney that she should get on a south bound train, and coming home she needs to go on a north bound train. Yesterday she even got on the Broad Ridge subway, so I could meet her at the Gallery(the Gallery is a mall down town) as I have class in the morning b/4 she comes down. How our little sis is growin up.

 
At October 27, 2005 1:20 PM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Just please do pray that Septa does NOT go on strike as planned October 31. Instead of $1.80/day on the bus, Maria would have to take the train for $6.00/day, plus walk an extra ten blocks! NOT in the budget! And James and Maria would miss their daily entertainment - the train is not quite as interesting as the bus and sub.

 
At October 27, 2005 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how I miss you jamers and your city talk.
Mergals I am so excited for you and Katie to come out next week!!!! I am singing in the festival again since Mr Bevis loves me and wants me to be an eternal member of the PBBC choir.
I want you all to know that I get to school in a rusty red grand am! A little shakey over railroad tracks but she is trusty.
Mel, don't worry about the road/street thing. I was enlighetened by your story. I would like to see one of those MT boys ride the subway and find their way around then we'll see who's laughing!
Sarah

 
At October 31, 2005 4:52 AM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Septa Union workers are striking. The part of the contract they rejected was about workers paying 5% of their health care premiums. We are so annoyed, indignant, angry, etc. Philadelphia is a city where 1 in 3 homes lacks an automobile, so this is a major problem. We, and many others, have to reschedule our lives.

 
At November 07, 2005 6:52 PM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

The strike is over - yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home