Martin Clan
We are a group of cousins (firsts, seconds, thirds, fourths...) who at our great-grandmothers funeral decided to stay in touch despite the hurdles of distance and lifes business! Through the example of our Great Grandparents, Grandparents and Parents we have learned the importance of family. So may the lines and (typed) keys of communication remain busy! I love you guys!!!

23 Comments:
Whoofta- this cute couple definately gives Joe and I a run for our money!!!
~ How I ever turned down Allen is beyond me!
Imagine my shock and dismay when I saw Allen wearing MY SWEATER on his first date with MY DAUGHTER! I had wondered why the sweater was not returned from the DRY CLEANERS! Perhaps Allen's theft is not on the "grand" scale Internet Joe's is, but being so personal it is perhaps more evil. Allen, how could you.
Wow! Mergs!! You are definitely a woman of the times...I mean really, with you taking charge and driving 'Arren' and yourself around on your 1st date. I'll bet 'Arren' loved your red 'hot' sports car too! You'll have to tell us all about your cruisin' fine date!?
oh man, mergs! Why'd you let a sweet guy like him go? Think of how much money you could save as a couple if he can just share all of mom's clothes!
You know aunt Char, no matter how stinkin incredible 'Arren' looks in that sweater no one can quite pull it off as well as you-so DONT worry!!! (in thinking about it since he seems to be a little low in the sweater department I have this brown sweater of Rebeast's that needs to be drycleaned...hmmm.)
That's incredible... guess what I'm sporting this very day at the Met-Pro desk?-- NONE OTHER THAN THE BROWN SWEATER! I thought it's days were over... since the sun has been ever so prevalent on the East coast-- but thankfully today's a little chilly so I was able to get one more wear out of it!
Herroooo broggers of Martin Cran broggervirre! Hory cow, I neva have a coorer, mo wonderfurer first date than I have wiff my ruvry "mar aka". Make first date wiff "r" feer rike visit to "Proctorogist". Da fought give me da wirries. OK, now fo "hot date" fo-one-one. "Mar aka" pick me up fo date in red ca wiff top down, she say first thing, "my mom have exactry same sweata as you wear Arren". I repry, "she must be secret memba of "GNC" (dat stand fo "Grammer Nazi Crub"). I say, every new memba of crub receive "monfry news retta" and "mostry new sweata", she raffed tirr she tinkered a rittre, and I raffed tirr I cried. Da date started wiff a bang! She take me to a prace she carred "S.A.S.K.". We wark in and everyone in prace yerr out "MAR AKA"! I guess she a regurar customer here. Not bad prace, very good "sup of soup" and bread. They not have much fo dress code fo crienter, so she fit right in, but I feer out of prace. Rater at dinna, man wiff uniform come in and ask if we need prace to sreep too. "Mar aka" say, NO!, and terr me to forrow her. We reave out back door quickry and not rook back. I fink she not terring me something about "Sarvation Army Soup Kitchen", but I ruv her stirr. Next she ask if I want "neck at inspiration point". I terr her "no, I furr of soup, no ronger hungry". She get arr weepy and terr me time fo first date to end. Guess she "rearry hungry" stirr. She take me back to my prace and reave me suddenry. I not have chance to give dry-creaning coupon. Dats ok, numba two date wirr be soon. I have "mar aka" come fo dinna to meet whore "arren" famiry. Honorabre Mother make "mar aka" favorite, "neck souffre". And by da wray, I not deported, I stirr here. Good news fo "mar aka"!
Hey! sometimes ya gotta date out-laws to get in-laws!
Oh brover, I hear it arr know! I fink I arr done wiff the whore "east-coaster" girr fing artogever. I mean, parease! Arr I do is duty at dry-creaning sto when rife turn upside down by coupre of "rying, two-timing, back-stabbing, first-date story fabricating, jerous of good cousins exciting new rife wiff biker-cop in Montana so she wirr date "out-raw" boyfriend off intanet who feared be bank robber to try one-upping good cousin, femare Martin Cran broggers. I not take much mo of dis in my rife. I good person, not rike "r" and now "mar aka". Feerings so badry hurt now I fink I reave Martin Cran Brog fo a whire. (said wiff tear running down boff cheek) Arr I say is "good riddens to bad rubbish"! (onry "r" and "mar aka" I speak of dis way. Da rest of Cran seem goodry peopre. Especiarry Char, my ferrow "GNC" crub memba.)
Thank you, Jeff, for your concern. HOWEVER, persistent punctuality has never been an obsession for me - as it is for my nearly perfect spouse. Thanks to his influence I am more punctual that would come naturally to me, though.
As to membership in the GNC, it is obviously a fabrication by sweet little Allen. The proof is the misspelling of GRAMMAR! No one in a true GNC would misspell grammar. Obviously, Allen is not a member after all, sorry as I am to point that out. He is clearly a "wannabe" in that area. I am honored that he considers me to be potentially a member in such an elite organization, though!
And Allen, really, you are the "wok calling the griddle" when you accuse aka of lying and fabrication!
I knew uncle jeff was allen!!!
I pointed out the misspelled word ONLY to show Allen's (or your) true colors! The real fault was not the misspelling, but the misspelling revealed the LIE!
Jeff, do you think I could possibly be a part of anything with the name Nazi included? Think of a better name and I'll confess!
Now really, I do not behead people for common mistakes, only mention them to prove points, and in fact make mistakes myself! No Nazi here, but I believe you are trying to create a distraction. As complimentary as you are of Allen, is he one of your offspring?
It is nice to see grammar spelled correctly, isn't it?
Oh right! Let me applaud you for creatively evading the truth AS USUAL! Obviously, Allen is either you or one of yours. The mo is all there - pot (sorry) calling the kettle, answering accusations with BIGGER accusations, etc. We are all learning from you - keep it up! And we do love Allen!
Could Char be the "Grammer Gestapo"? Sorry for the "german" theme, but she does show a merry yet militant musing to mutilating misspellings
Oh, now, no one has been punished! Ages ago I had to point out the witt-wit controversy to show the Jerrys' failure. And now I had to point out the "grammar" misspelling to show Allen's inconsistency. But REALLY, I don't notice every mistake, and make many of my own, and I don't make anyone pay for mistakes. Maybe I'm just a harmless, but annoying (feel free to disagree with that) spelling BEE!
Sorry about that!
Char,
You are the sweetest of honey "bees" and can buzz around our flowers anytime. Plus should you find the exact place, you may even build your hive here or should I say we will provide the hive for you? I am right that honey bees do not sting aren't I? Just bring your other bees and buzz around for awhile and we are sure you will settle in and provide us the honey for which we will be grateful.
Some people are attracted to sweetness, but not Jeff! I guess he needs the sting.
I'll confess I've given the wrong impression if someone thinks I'm THAT sweet! Don't everyone agree at once.
Well, Jeff, if someone else would post a comment once in a while, I would not feel the need to keep talking!! Should I stop posting to prove that I'm not a the blog Queen wanna-bee? Good usage on your part, I must admit.
Char, don't give up. I enjoy your buzzing around the blog, even if I'm not really part of the family.
See Aunt Char! Ya throw a bone to Uncle Jeff (commending him for his cleverness-- then he has to go try again)! He'zzzzz almost funny!!!
And Silly-- we adopt people in ALL the time!!! There can never BEEE too many Martinzzzzz!
(obviously you've forgotten I haven't aged past 20)!
Though I very much like Joe- we have not progressed to the SERIOUS stage-- we're still just getting to know each other--- I'm in NO HURRY! So UJ and Josh's friend can harrass and torture me all you want. It'll happen if and when it's suppose to;-)! Thanks ever so much for expressing your heart-felt concern though... it's much appreciated!
Post a Comment
<< Home