Saturday, October 21, 2006

Come enjoy a walk in Pennypack Woods with us!

Who would have thought this is Philadelphia?
And we are still some from peak color!
Can't you just smell the newly fallen leaves?
And when we are done, we'll stop home for some apple treats!

17 Comments:

At October 21, 2006 4:34 PM, Blogger Uncle Jim said...

Sorry Josh, but it just seemed time to get a new post up!
Aunty Char has been busy canning apple sauce and apple butter along with baking delicious apple treats. (Can you believe the color of apple sauce -- she used a dark red cortland apple for some and the sauce is naturally almost red.)
Why don't you just stop on by for a little walk with us and some refreshments?
Can we at least count on you Sara?
By the way, I see Ruth S. can blog in on the Drury aka everyname blog, but won't come near this side of the family. We are offended! Ralphs -- We love to hear from you as well (and with pictures.) Please blog in!

 
At October 22, 2006 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks scrumptious!!!!! I miss the joys of the oven...(im really in the mood for an apple pie!) But I think i might just have to take a trip over yonder to have a bite of all that delicious apple goodness (I know you will be so welcoming since James and Maria arent there to indulge in the home cooking/baking!)

 
At October 22, 2006 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to come over for some "apple delights"!! Let me know when is good for you and I will be there!

And oh how I love Pennypack Park. I could use a swift walk through the park. When do you guys walk?

 
At October 22, 2006 7:08 PM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

We fit in walks around my lessons and Jim's work, often at 5:00, but sometimes at noon. I have Fridays "off." I LOVE this time of year! So stop by, Sara, and anyone else, too (fav. Elizabeth!). Tuesday night I have no lessons and we'll be home. We could plan a walk for Saturday.

 
At October 23, 2006 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Aunt Char, you make me long for the smell of fall. Being over here on this island where everything is pretty much always green and the sun is always hot, I really truly am envious. I do miss the brisk fall air and the smell of apples!!

 
At October 23, 2006 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must agree! FALL is my favorite! Especially in PA! And homemade apple sauce!... definately a personal favorite! I may just have to bring your favorite niece Elizabeth and drive down for some tasty treats;-)!! I haven't seen you guys in awhile-- and it's always fun hearing (and watching) Uncle Jim tell his stories!

 
At October 23, 2006 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For all those who think spelling is important!! See if you can read the following...amazing!

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a
wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

 
At October 23, 2006 9:30 AM, Blogger JennieB said...

Wow Char, your beautiful fall pictures, talk of walks and apple delights can even get us "Ralph's" to comment! Looks delightful and I would love to stop in for a mug of coffee and a nice chat. Sadly, we don't get out your way like we use to.

 
At October 23, 2006 12:41 PM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

Yay for Jenebix! I remember some fast tramping down the streets of Philadelphia with you guys - all of us trying to keep up with Jim! Walking in the woods would be lots of fun together, too. You'll have to make a trip East - our autumn lasts longer, so when yours finishes, you can still enjoy the leaves, apples, etc., here. And you know Jim - the coffee pot is always ready.

 
At October 23, 2006 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like there is going to be quite the excitment at your house for the fall!

 
At October 23, 2006 4:08 PM, Blogger Joel and Stacy Ham said...

Must be nice! I'm not a native Minnesotan, but I am fast learning the ways of the north and that means fall lasts 2 weeks. We are currently experiencing winter in MN and I highly doubt we will have the usual Indian Summer, so boohoo for us. ;)

One of these days Stacy and I will make a trip out east and it looks like the time to go is fall. PA here we come!!!

Oh yeah, how 'bout them Vikings!
and
GO BEARS!

 
At October 23, 2006 6:52 PM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

We Martin PA-ers would LOVE to have you come to PA! We have extra beds (here in the empty nest) and lots of food, as you can see - so make it soon!

I'm truly hoping for an Indian summer to hit MN at exactly Nov. 1-5, which is when we will be in MN again to see the kids at Pills for a choral festival. Any hope of that?

 
At October 23, 2006 8:25 PM, Blogger Joel and Stacy Ham said...

They haven't forecasted the weather past the 1st of November (Mostly Sunny Hi:38 Lo:33), but the averages are Hi:51 Lo:30 for the days you will be here. We'll see what weather MN can cook up for your visit. ;) Pack accordingly! :)

 
At October 23, 2006 8:48 PM, Blogger Martin said...

I miss good ole' pennypack. I also miss the giant trees and grape vines! Mom, how could you make applesauce w/o your fav taste tester, I don't know, is it as good as other years?

 
At October 24, 2006 4:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

probably not James, you know how Aunt Char(your mother) can get without your great expertise there to guide her! Bummer though that she has all that ruined applesauce...she might as well send it my way.

 
At November 01, 2006 9:09 AM, Blogger Aunt B said...

I'm thinkin' you need to post the recipe for those yummy bars, or the page number from the Martin Cookbook!!!!

 
At November 06, 2006 5:01 PM, Blogger Aunt Char said...

They are Grandma's Danish Apple Bars on page 156! I grew up with them as my mom has the same recipe. The crust is wonderful - so easy to work with, and somehow, they are our favorite apple dessert. You'll have to make some!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home