Martin Clan
We are a group of cousins (firsts, seconds, thirds, fourths...) who at our great-grandmothers funeral decided to stay in touch despite the hurdles of distance and lifes business! Through the example of our Great Grandparents, Grandparents and Parents we have learned the importance of family. So may the lines and (typed) keys of communication remain busy! I love you guys!!!






32 Comments:
oh my word!! you crack me up so much! love ya!
Wow! I have no words. But that is completely hilarious!!! I especially like the JACKIE UH-OH! I think it's the lips that sold me on it! Good Lord, Miss of all Funniness. Love ya!
:-)! A thanks to PD for helping me with some of the hair-designs! ALSO... I want to make sure you all catch the BROWN SWEATER... since that will be such a beautiful asset to my wedding dress (in case I don't get the 75 degree weather I'm praying for;-)!
little did you know mother I've had Vogue on my back for the past year!! They're relentless... but they refused to allow me to model in my brown sweater... so, I had to turn down the contract.
You guys are hysterical! And now I am, too. How could you even keep a straight face for the pics? And E - we must get Melanie on the blog to assess the bridesmaid idea. Oops - by E, I mean Elizabeth. I realize that is one of James' nicknames for R, but what isn't one of his nicknames for R?
Leave it to Rebeka to exhibit good taste when it comes to wedding style and attire!
All I can say is the taller the hairdoo the better!
If you're able to get MickyD's to throw in some Ad revenue via bridesmaid dresses to defray costs, all the better.
Keep the ideas coming, Rebeka!
E (lol) and I got our inspiration from one of those wedding magazines (for our sultry/pouty bridal looks)! I love how happy those bridal models always look!!
And I can't wait to see how much MEL loves the dress... I know she'll be sport'n it around for every special occasion!!
WOW! Uncle Jim... that's a fantastic idea! So... looks like you're going for the Mount-Saint Hellen's look or the Micky-do! I'm not sure what I'm partial too-- they are all so... STUNNING! I need more votes!!;-)
Im putting in my vote for the Jacky uh-oh, I feel you look the best in the short hair. And i find it so befitting since you are marrying a Kennedy and all.
I know Mel will fall in love with these bridesmaid dresses as much as I have. And during this long wedding if ever you become parched you can just sneak a sip right from the straw, one of my favorite perks about them.
And Im thinking as long as we are going along with that theme dad should walk down the aisle as Ronald McDonald.
Peedster... first off! How are your slacker buns already at home? NOT FAIR!! AND...
Major props to you! That's an INCREDIBLE idea... and such jubilation it will cause Joe... to see his favorite celeb- at his own wedding!!!
E (lizabeth) - is that all your own hair? Wow, you are rivalling R there!
It is time to weigh in!
First I must say thank you to R' and Elizabeth for finally getting these pictures posted!
Secondly, I must encourage/challenge all bloggers to get their votes in, as a bride MUST makes these very important decisions in a timely manner!
That being said, I must cast my vote for "minnie-spouse" because it seems to be a better fit in the "Northwoods" and it also gives you the opportunity to wear two veils!
R' are you going to keep track of the votes and announce the winner or am I?
Herro Martin Cran Broggers!
It is I "Arren" brogging to you from Sirver Bay YMCA, here in the tarr pines of northern Minnesota, where I wirr be riving untir the big day! I wirr be Best Man at BIG wedding event. Hory cow, I can hardry berieve it! I rearry rove arr the pictures of my "r" and her beautifur hair-do's. I wirr rike to vote fo favorite one now. I pick "minnie-spouse" hair-do fo my vote. It fitting because my "r" wirr be marrying a "rat"! Werr I wirr chat again rater to Martin Cran broggers, but right now I go to kirr turkey fo tomorrow dinner. Happy Thanksgiving Martin Cran! I very thankfur fo arr of you. (even "internet joe")
I don't even have the words...love the bridemaid dresses. Can't WAIT to get one of those on!! Love ya!
first off... before I even get into Arren's appearance on the blog again... all I can say is OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Uncle Jeff!!! Talk about a LOW-blow! ONLY YOU... would notice and comment on such a sensative subject! I mean... I finally come out of hiding on the blog- and my first (me-post) is ridiculed and mocked by the one and only MVB! BUT... if that's what it takes to get you out of hiding as well... I suppose it was worth it! (us Jim's are so SACRIFICIAL)!
And as far as Arren... if he even makes an appearance at the wedding... someone is going to pay BIG TIME (and I know exactly who that someone will be)... BewaRe the wRath of r!
Oh... and a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING to ALL!!!
(except the blemish finder;-)
But Uncle Jeff is to be congratulated for his FIRST comment on the blog without mention of his MVB award! It may have been implied in the word "trooper," though. And as to his powers of observation - I had not even noticed, R, until he mentioned "it"!
A Blessed and very Happy Thanksgiving to all from the Martinnest in Philadelphia.
"Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto Him with Psalms. For the Lord is a great God..." (Psalm 95:2-3.)
I will put my vote in for the Jacky Uh-Oh. I tried to tell Melanie about the fancy bridesmaid dresses, but I just couldn't do them justice! She is so excited to have the chance to wear something so nice!!!! R, I do feel bad for you about the, you know...but Jeff, you are funny. Cruel, but funny!
Happy Thanksgiving to all! We miss you guys. We are spending our Thanksgiving at work! Fun huh! We will have our Thanksgiving meal tomorrow. Miss you all!
I must vote - for Mount Saint Helens - who can resist the upsweep? But the Tying the Knot is priceless also. I may have to vote again. It's sort of a tradition with Philadelphians, you know.
And welcome, Arren! Have you been at Sirver Bay ever since you came up with us in August?
And... I just couldn't close out Thanksgiving without saying Happy Thanksgiving to Uncle Jeff! (despite his cruelity)!
So... Happy Thanksgiving Uncle Jeff!
Thanks Jeff!
:-)))) Awww! Who knew the blemish- finder has a soft side;-) kehhee!
Our family really does have so much to be thankful for. God has definately blessed us! I'm SUPER thankful to be a part of the Martin Clan (and more specifically... the Jim's;-)!
Well well well! Queen-E/Mother Earth and Wildabeast! words escape me at the moment. First off Rebeka you gave me nightmares of our flight attendant extrodinare on the plane with the Saint Hellens style, is that who you went to for your idea on that one? anyway I vote for the "tying the knot", I think the name is good, and the style really brings out the Ralf Lauren in you. About the Bridesmades dress, I didn't know you were gonna let the cat out of the bag so soon, but I must say, I think it really accentuates the shoulders and makes them look good and sturdy, I LOVE the straw, it is so multi-purposed, never know when you'll need a sip, and it just looks so elegant, and you could just tie the boquet to it, when you get tired of holding it. Oh and instead of throwing bird-seed or blowing bubbles, could we throw fries? and you could opt for the throwing of the happy meal instead of the boquet. I think a Mickey-D's reception is the way to go, not only for the whole gourmet aspect(who could turn down a big-mac), but also it would be a lot more easy on the wallet.
I am SOOOOOOOOO excited about the bridesmaids dresses. Now I'll have my holloween costume ready for next year - that'll save me some money. You know how it is - you always want to be able to wear the dress again to get your money's worth. That's a sweet dress!
What I like even better than the dress, is the look on Elizabeths face...such overwhelming joy, such delight, it will brighten up all the wedding photo's forsure...lol
Yes, E and R have those pouty looks down - hope the rest of the wedding party is practicing!
I am so excited!!! SUCH ideas! James-- near brillant with the throwing of the fries-- and so seagal friendly! No one's going to want to miss this wedding;-)!!!
So glad to know you'll be wearing the dress again-- even if you are disgracing it's beauty by using it as a holloween costume Mel!!! I'm sure once you see it in person-- it'll be used for balls and fancy parties instead!!!;-)
You see R', even by your own admission,your loving family has great ideas and would be the perfect group of people to plan your wedding...I mean already such great ideas are spewing forth on the blog. I think you should just turn over the planning to us, we would "throw" a wedding you would never forget(or is that a wedding that you would want to forget)oh well it would be memorable forsure.
James has already had great culinary ideas so the reception would definately be his baby and the rest of us could just jump in where our strenghts lie.
By the way...where is SNL? She is missed!!!!
Hey R,
I vote for the Mount St. Helens. I "picked" that one because it seems to fit in with the theme you got going there on your forehead. Lets just hope the other Mount St. Helens clears up before the wedding. Hate to have some casualties because of an "eruption" on your wedding!
lol! Thanks Laura... but if I let the Martins handle this bash... I'm sure I'd be married off to Allen-- and that's one risk I'm NOT willing to take!
And punk-cop!! I see you've been taking lessons on blog-cruelity from none other than Uncle Jeff! (shakes head in disgust)!
Arren infom 'Aunt B' lass night that he think 'r' look faboorus in the 'croissant' rorr. It remind him of egg rorr from rong ago. He said he would verrry much rike to tie bamboo shoot cans from 'r's car for wedding day. He start correcting them now because he think Sirrrver Bay not have those. He arso has a ROT of rice. He not rike bird seed. So, because ARREN is a good guy Aunt B votes with him....croissant
Post a Comment
<< Home