Martin Clan
We are a group of cousins (firsts, seconds, thirds, fourths...) who at our great-grandmothers funeral decided to stay in touch despite the hurdles of distance and lifes business! Through the example of our Great Grandparents, Grandparents and Parents we have learned the importance of family. So may the lines and (typed) keys of communication remain busy! I love you guys!!!

11 Comments:
Way to go USD (or should I say Richard Armitage?) You've just pulled a "Valerie Plame" on little old Auntie Char. Now we'll have no option but to neutralize you.
I must say, life is always excting at the Nelsons. A few laughs and a few cops make for a fun evening.
Ill add to this story:
As we were all sitting around talking who was the first to spy out that the Police were rolling on up? None other than Aunt Char(she tends to have her own radar when it comes to the men in uniform). Before the police had a chance to come to the door my father was out to greet them to clear it all up. (I decided this was prime blogging material and used my handy dandy paparazzi skills to sneak a shot behind the protection of the curtain.) As we all were having a good laugh over the whole ordeal the thought came up that perhaps Sara had fallen (or something) upstairs and called 911. Thankfully she was quite all right but just a little confused.
Emotions ran high during this tension-filled event. Such excitement! We finally had to leave the chaos of the suburbs and return to our quiet home and safe streets in the city.
Glad we stayed for Merily's good cooking, though!!
Now really, USD, when did I ever comment on anyone's spelling? The only time I can think of is when the Jerrys inadvertently called themselves "witts" instead of "wits" and you'll have to admit, that could not be ignored!
However, ever since Joel commented on my "graceful laps" at Bass Lake, I must treat the Jerrys with kindness! (in spite of Ryan's attempts to thwart such laps in his own predator-filled pools).
Hey Bob, I was just curious as to why you are suddenly quitting the ol' paper-route? Could you be delving in other money making activities? Maybe the nosy neighbors spied a shady deal going down with Jim and Char and dialed 911! Quick thinking to meet the police outside before they had the chance to see what really was happening in there.. and don't tell me it was just one of those 'farkle' deals!
Yeah good point Jill. Like I've never been met outside before by someone telling me, "Oh there's no problem here Officer, we were just sitting in the living room." Such denial. I'm just upset that it had to take a blog intervention to get this out in the open.
Actually, one of the last days I worked road patrol there was a nasty thunderstorm and somehow the thunder and lighting was tripping the 911 lines. I pretty much spent the entire shift running lights and sirens back and forth across the County to people's houses for 911 hang up calls. What a pain.
I wonder what really went down. Phones don't just call 911. I wonder who bob burried in the attic.
i knew you guys were trouble!
WELL...
All is quiet here in Plymouth Minnestoa(this really infers that we are far above the rif-raf element and have not had the swat team surround our home)Hope all is well with the rest of the Family!
Hey, Laura! Glad to hear all is well. Philadelphia is quiet today also. We're in denial about some parts of the city, but Jeanes Street is lovely. I'm hoping Maria will get to post some pictures of spring break in MT. So far they've hiked, visited Yellowstone, and with snow predicted last night, they hope to ski. Rick and Melanie are wonderful hosts AND they have lots of room. Who will go west next?
I will I will!!!!! (hopefully)!
Post a Comment
<< Home