Martin Clan
We are a group of cousins (firsts, seconds, thirds, fourths...) who at our great-grandmothers funeral decided to stay in touch despite the hurdles of distance and lifes business! Through the example of our Great Grandparents, Grandparents and Parents we have learned the importance of family. So may the lines and (typed) keys of communication remain busy! I love you guys!!!

17 Comments:
I have exhausted every avenue of getting my pops off the couch and onto the computer! Perhaps a few shameful comments from all of you would motivate him-- we can only try!!!
I have to say that I am with "uncle Bob" on this one. He looks pretty comfy to me. :o)Probably scarfing down something yummy that Rebeka has whipped up. Where's mine? ~Loo
Queen-E, You have to remember that your dad is a very hard working individual. Now uncle Bob, the computer is only a couple steps from the couch and then you have that wonderfully comfy cozy computer chair in which to relax while you join in on the insanity that is the Martin Clan Blog. Hey Eve, maybe if you tell him that there is a picture of J-Lo and Kate Hudson on the blog, maybe that will get some action, it's worth a shot.
I am examining what is on the plate. Sometimes food is worth a little ploppin of the butt and lettin the world go round you while you have a few dazzlingly delicious morsals. I can't quite tell what is on the plate.
But Robert is robbing us of the blessing of his wisdom, maturity, and gentle humor! Maybe he could dictate his words to a member of his willing family to share. Mmm - I think that was a brilliant idea.
Great idea Char...Robert could use a personal secretary!
I love Carol's suggestion, and with your inventive mind, Robert, it is totally possible.
It's finally time for me to get with this blog stuff!
That couch potato-computer interface device that Uncle Bob needs is called a wireless keyboard (or even better, a laptop with a wireless card and modem.) Wow, don't I sound like a techy?
The couch potato-laptop thing works great (trust me) and even gives you a little shelf for that piece of Ryan's "humble pie."
CR is our friend Carol from Silver Bay, MN. We consider her family - and to prove it our kids empty her candy jars every time they enter her house! She always fills them just for us, we think, so we want to oblige!
Oh my word, if that isn't the truth. For Real! Bittles and Mergls can vouch for me, while we were in silver bay, we go to Carol's house, and what do we do, but plop our buns on the couch and chairs, and completely demolish her candy supply. Understand though, that it is good candy, like peanut M&M's, mini candy bars and chocolate covered craisins. I mean hello, it was all chocolate, how could we as Martins pass up chocolate? By the way, thanks carol for satisfying our chocolate cravings.
Welcome "Uncle Jim" to the blog!
So glad you finally "got with it"
It truly has become a daily obsession to check the blog and see what's new! Keep the comments coming!
I love how suddenly more and more people keep coming on... but I know there will be a day when my pop finally makes his way on over!
as for all of us doing Carol a favor on "cleaning" her candy dishes...Its all of our pleasures to sit ourselves right down and indulge!
See, there ya go em. Carol is deffinitley is a friend of the Martins. Anyone who would fill their candy dishes 3 times just to have us at her house is a dear friend in my book.
Ok, Today is Labor Day. We will see Uncle Bob in the flesh. If we're successful, maybe we could see that glorious day when he does come to this sight and post a comment, Oh Glory Hallelujah! What a day that will be!!!
Oh, I must tell you that the picnic table was sturdy! There were several of the old-style unstable tables, and to those we sent all the skinny youth plus Josh. (Just Kidding Josh, you're skinny too) Then in the center there was a very sturdy table that we adults sat at, and at one point Cory was alone on one side with more than one on the other side, and the table remained firm - even when she stood up! We trust that one table remains in that spot for future picnics! For those of you who are wondering about the previous picnic - check the July archives for a shot of Uncle Bob, on the ground after the table tip, with his arm already a blur bringing another bite to his mouth!
Hopefully Jim will post some pics of today's lovely picnic.
i must say this is a unrare occasion not only is he taking all the cake but also is dictator of the controls and if you think you know channel surffing you know nothing we never finish a show we start
Okay- you guys are absolutely hysterical! I knew the family would rally behind me:-)!!! But notice however we still remain ineffective! I will give the old nagging routine a try tonight!
It's crazy- I was down in Virginia for the weekend and seriously... everywhere we went I was asking if people had internet access--- just so I could stay on top of the blog-interactions!!! No one did- so this morning- I'm having a hay-day at the Met-Pro desk- getting all caught up!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home