Martin Clan
We are a group of cousins (firsts, seconds, thirds, fourths...) who at our great-grandmothers funeral decided to stay in touch despite the hurdles of distance and lifes business! Through the example of our Great Grandparents, Grandparents and Parents we have learned the importance of family. So may the lines and (typed) keys of communication remain busy! I love you guys!!!

12 Comments:
And we love you, too, Bucky (Maria's name for you when SHE was little). We're praying you have a wonderful birthday and a great summer full of blessings.
Happy Birthday R
We will be praying for you!!
Happy 25th Rebeka! Wow! It seems like just yesterday when you were that little in the picture.
I hopw you are enjoying your experience in Africa....and not too homesick!
Of course , it's a given, that you are missing Joe!!!
Boobalooba!!! I miss you already and you've only been gone 5 days!
Wow...spending your 25th b-day in Afrida is awesome! I'll sadly be spending my 27th b-day here in Philly studying for finals!!! Not much of a comparison.
Love you and miss you!!!
Well I know that Africa is located between the 37°21′ N coordinates and the 34°51′15″ S coordinates But please Sara enlighten us as to where "afrida" is located.
For those of you who didn't receive Rebeka's email, I've posted it below.
It's Sunday morning hear in South Africa-- and all of you are still in bed! You're 6 hours behind South African time! I've already had such amazing times and it's only the third day I've been here!!!
Yesturday, my birthday, was great! We, the two girls I'm traveling with, Mr. Zak and 3 of the boys got up at 5:45 to run a 5K (Mr. Zak ran a 10K). A 5K is a little over 3 miles! My only goal was to run the entire way!! And amazingly I was able to accomplish that! I came in 14th place! (there were only about 30-40 people running that one though)!!! But- for not being in shape AT ALL-- I was just thankful i was able to finish! The Zaks were surprised we wanted to get up on our first day in Africa- since we were still suffering from jetlag-- but we just want to jump into any and all of the Africani ways of life-- and EVERYONE runs over hear. You should've seen how many people showed up for the 10K and it was FREEZING! (it's the African winter -I didn't bring along enough warm clothes-- so all of the girls are sharing:-)!!! The temp. is usually in the upper 60's to 70's during the day and gets down to the 30's at night!
In the afternoon, we went to the mall-- in the white section... of coarse the white section is the wealthy part of South Africa-- I was amazed to see that things cost the same in Africa as they do in the US!!! We got Subway for lunch-- but it just wasn't the same!!! Still, a nice little treat! When we got home Mr. Zak took the girls and I into a poor section-- just 25 minutes from the affluence of the white part of South Africa-- you wouldn't believe the conditions these people live in... it's just like the pictures you see on TV. I will expound later- but we're getting ready to leave for church- so i have to wrap this up. Just wanted to say hello to everyone! I love you all- thanks so much for your prayers! I'll write later... oh and perhaps I'll send a birthday picture home-- the Zaks had a wonderful birthday celebration for me last night-- it was so fun!!!
(You'll always receive e-mails the following day-- b/c they're sent once a day- otherwise it's too expensive)!
Love,
Rebeka
You better calm down...Josh!!!
Hey Carol, Don't feel bad. I have to rely on my kids to get E-mail. I know, I know, I did E-mail you b4, but once I hit that snag,I quit and haven't done it since so have forgotten even how to??? It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.
Thanks, Sara, for posting the email! Great to hear how R's doing!
HEY REBEKA,HAPPY 25th !!!JUST LOOK AT YOU, OVER THERE IN AFRICA! WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU MUCH THROUGHOUT EACH DAY. GOD BLESS YOU,HONEY LOVE,GRAM
HEY REBEKA,HAPPY 25th !!!JUST LOOK AT YOU, OVER THERE IN AFRICA! WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU MUCH THROUGHOUT EACH DAY. GOD BLESS YOU,HONEY LOVE,GRAM
Sara, the email from Rebeks was so informative! Thanks for posting and keep it up.
We pray for you daily, Rebeks!
Hope your birthday was extremely memorable. Can't wait to hear the details.
EOJ, Keep blogging in and let us know how things are in Michigan this summer.
Post a Comment
<< Home