Another weekend in God's country.
I took this picture as this bull elk let out a screaming bugle. Apparently he thought I was a little too close to his cows because he was actually bugling at me right before he charged me. That was awesome! This is the most aggressive bull in the area. This bull has had his antlers cut off the past two years because he has gored people and cars. He is quite impressive and so much fun to watch!
Melanie and I near the base of the Teton Mountains. We almost didn't go to the Teton's because it was supposed to be raining on Wednesday and Thursday. We decided to go anyway and we are glad we did. It was beautiful on Wednesday!
This is near Jenny Lake where we camped for the night. Jenny Lake sits right at the base of the Teton Mountains. The views are spectacular and the wildlife is amazing.
I said the weather was nice on Wednesday. Well, we woke up to snow on Thursday. It was chilly and wet but it sure was beautiful. There were several roads and entrances to Yellowstone that were closed because of the amount of snow. The Lord gave us another wonderful weekend enjoying His creation.
9 Comments:
Wow! And how was the camping in the snow? Thanks for posting! The pictures are beautiful!
Great pictures, and not a moment too soon! It was time to rescue poor Joe from the slander of the last post. If Joe survives this ribbing, he will have been duly proven and found worthy!
Back to your pictures -- they only make me wish we were enjoying them with you in person.
Thanks for posting.
That is so awesome! I love the outdoors...so beautiful, thanks for sharing.
On a side note i did update my blog and I was having some trouble posting but i think it worked
Camping in the snow wasn't too bad. Just wet and cold. We weren't able to cook french toast with eggs and bacon over the fire like we had planned. We really would have been soaked if we would have done that. That was probably the worst part about it. We wish you guys could have been with us too!
again! Awesome pictures! It doesn't even look real!!!
Sorry to hear about your ruined breakfast plans! What was the substitute??
Oh the adventurous life you two lead...I am in awe of all that you get to see and experience out there in Montana.
For any of you new-comers to the blog, who would like to see Melissa's pics on her college blog, her address is:
http://lavidacrazy.blogspot.com/
What is this Ringo business?
Well, our substitute for our breakfast ended up being a gas station breakfast burrito! MMMM. I'm glad you guys like the pictures. And Jeff, I'm glad you thought the wildlife AND the animals were cool. If any of you ever decide to come out this way give us a shout. We would love to be your tour guides!
So much for the "wanna-blogs"!! They are taking up the entire site! Not that I mind.
I am beginning to think YOU GUYS have "the life" and not all the wild animals!!
Post a Comment
<< Home